16

"How does he bloody know where abouts we are?" Niklaus paced the room. It had only been half an hour since Marianne envisioned herself in their father's body, it was strange. But since then, the Mikaelson children filtered in.

"Brother, where is Aurora?" Elijah asked panicked

"I left her locked in her room" Niklaus replied "she was asleep when I left"

Elijah get a sense of uncertainty; he didn't trust her one bit. Especially if she's a master of manipulation.

"Again, I have no knowledge on how he has found you" Marianne stood to her feet "my elixir is strong, stronger than a usual locator spell, unless he has powerful witches, which are very hard to find these days, he wouldn't be able to find you"

"Unless he has eyes around the village" Elijah exhaled and came to the realisation, it could have been anyone, a poor villager promised riches beyond their wildest dreams, all for some information.

"It only leaves us with one thing to do then" Kol spoke up above the noise and loud thoughts "we need to leave, tonight"

"But we have a life here" Rebekah turned and argued her case in staying. She enjoyed being a woman of high society, she enjoyed feeling privileged.

"We won't have much of a life if we stay, Rebekah" he snapped in return

"And you will need a witch, correct?" Marianne saw her opportunity and jumped for it "maybe two?"

Elijah smiled, such a clever girl.

"If you give me enough time for me to rescue my brother, and hopefully kill Tristan, I will join you. You trust me" she raised her case as the only witch they could really trust. "I have proven myself"

"I agree with her" Elijah added "we need a witch on our side and right now she is the only one I trust"

"I trust her too" Rebekah followed "and we will fair well with her on our side"

"Then everything needs to get pushed forward" Marianne said "ill go now whilst the festivities can act as a barrier or distraction"

"We all have some loose ends we need need to tie" Elijah turned and spoke to his family "whoever knows our secret, needs to perish, make it look like we were never here" he demanded

"I'll meet you all outside when I have done what I need to do; if I do not have time to kill him I will leave him be" she settled "this is a matter of life and death for you and I am willing to give up my revenge"

Marianne, still dressed in her wedding dress began to walk "I'll see you all later"

She walked from her room and into the corridor, followed by Elijah who grabbed her and to stop her.

"Elijah" she breathed as she spun around to see him "you have things to do"

Instead of speaking, he took the opportunity to begin the new life they would have together. He leant in and kissed her with more urgency than ever, knowing that once this is over they could actually be together.

"Be careful" he whispered as they parted, his warm breath dancing against her lips.

And then he disappeared, leaving Marianne jumping back in shock of the immediate exit.

She took a while to compose herself, Marianne didn't realise she'd be rescuing her brother in her wedding dress.

Marianne bunched the top of her skirt in her fists to enable her to walk quicker down the hallways. She slid past the crowds by walking around the outside, hiding her face from Tristan, who was strangely stood by Aurora, she had such a smile on her face, it was nauseating.

But she didn't think any of it, she walked by everyone and slipped behind the library and down the stairs.

"You cannot be down here ma'am" a guard stopped her as she was halfway down the stairs.

"I believe I can" she retaliated "I'm Tristan's wife and this is just as much my castle as it is his"

The man stood to the side, in defeat, he opened the door and allowed her inside.

"I command you to take a break" she said "I need to be alone"

The guard nodded his head and turned to walk off.

"Achem" she coughed to get his attention, holding out her delicate hands "the keys"

The guard unhooked the keys from his belt and smacked them into her hand. "I trust you will not tell Tristan about this good sir, I would hate for your family to starve if you lost your job"

She didn't want to be mean. She hated it, but it was the only way Marianne could move forward. Threats were the only thing that helped her progress.

"Yes ma'am" he nodded before walking up the stairs and leaving her to her own devices.

Marianne rushed into the room and to where she knew her brother's cell was. He hands fumbling for the correct keys, pushing one in and attempting to turn it, before switching on to the next key.

She felt weird sensation under her feet, though she couldn't feel it on her skin as she had some very thin shoes on, it was like she had stepped in something wet or sticky, slightly sticking her shoe to the floor.

"Damien I am here to rescue you" her voice shook as he adrenaline kicked in. The last key she suspected was the key she needed.

As she flung the door open, it creaked and the light of the candle dimly lit the reason Damien wasn't replying to her words.

Marianne gasped loudly, dropping to her knees in despair, wanting to scream, but settling for a silent cry.

Her younger brother lay dead in a puddle of his own blood. His throat gashed and wounds marked his bare chest.

Marianne couldn't speak, it all came out in episodes of grunts and gasps. She crawled up to him, her fingers trailing over the still wet blood. He had not been dead for long.

"That is a shame, about your brother" a male voice spoke from behind her, he was quiet and it made her spine tingling.

Tristan...