41

Marianne stormed back into her room. Slamming the small paper bags upon her desk so hard that the contents spilled out over it.

Her eyes looked from each item. She bought hoodies, dark clothing, contact lenses and bleach. She didn't know that she could get liquids and objects to make her hair lighter or even temporarily change the colour of her eyes. But she was almost delighted when she found some at costume stores and drug stores nearby.

She started by emptying the box of bleach, it had a photo of a woman with pristine blonde hair on. It shouldn't be too hard, right?  She read on the box in the store that it can take up to half an hour, so that's what she had started with.

Marianne doused her beautifully natural hair in chemicals and peroxide in order to create an illusion of something else. And then she waited and waited. In the meantime, she had decided to put some clothes and some travel essentials into a duffel bag she had found in Elijah's room. Toothbrush, hair brush, anything she couldn't live without. Elijah on the other hand, probably wouldn't fit.

As she waited even longer, Marianne sat down with a pen, paper and a few envelopes written to each one of the Mikaelson's and one extra. She personalised a message to each member, apologising for the way she had acted. She choked when it came to writing Elijah's, she needed more than just a few sides of A4. And the sad part was, even if her plan fails or works, she'd never see him again.

She proceeded to wash the chemicals from her hair, finally looking up into the mirror and seeing the transformation. She looked a mess as a blonde. Definitely not what the girl looked like on the box. Marianne hated it but she needed to settle.

She then opened the box to the contact lenses and scooped one up onto her finger. It took her a few attempts to actually get it into her eye without flinching; but when she did, it stung.

"Agh" she kept her eye blinking for the lens to correct itself, turning her piercing cat eyes into a fuller brown-ish colour. And then she did it with the other eye. Every aspect she knew Elijah liked, now disappeared. She wasn't that girl anymore.

Marianne threw an oversized hoodie on over her t shirt and pulled up the hood. Just in case anybody else were to recognise her when she made her escape. But what Marianne didn't account for was when the rest did actually find out, they might come up and speak to her, to see if she is okay. Something Elijah didn't do.

"Marianne" Rebekah knocked at the door "can I come in?"

Marianne had her things set out for a locator Blocking spell "uhm, I just want to be alone now Rebekah" she gathered her things and started to stuff them under the table, back in her bag, anywhere that didn't look suspicious.

"Marianne, please" Rebekah pleaded "just a couple of minutes"

"Rebekah, I'm not in the mood for talking" Marianne had disposed of all obvious visuals but then remembered that her blonde hair fell from her hood and her eyes were completely different to what they usually were. If Rebekah would come in now, she'd certainly ask questions.

Marianne quickly ran to the light switch and dimmed the lights. She then proceeded to hop into bed and cover her face.

"Marianne I'm not going to stand out here" Rebekah walked in to see the dark mess of a room and the lump under the bed.

"I'm not feeling well" Marianne lied "I promise I'll speak to you later, Rebekah, I'm just not in the right frame of mind"

"Marianne, please" she repeated, sitting on the bed "I'm here for you, I'm not mad"

Marianne didn't reply. It was nice to know that Rebekah wasn't angry, but Marianne felt like a child the way that people have been speaking to her. She knew if she'd reply, Rebekah would speak more and that is what she didn't want.

Finally, after a few minutes of waiting in pure silence, Rebekah finally got the hint. She sighed as she stood up "you know where I am, when you're ready to talk"

"Rebekah?" Marianne piped up from below the covers, the air beginning to turn warm and unbreathable as she spoke.

Rebekah turned around with a smile, just in case Marianne had to decide to sit up. But she didn't.

"Tell Elijah not to bother coming in either"