A Day To Relax

Day 11 ~
After a long day playing under the sun everyone was beginning to tire. Connie and Alicia lay at opposite ends on the swing on the porch watching as the children ran about playing.

"You look tired." Connie lifted her eyes up to Alicia's with a smile and small laugh. "You could say that... Feels like I haven't slept in days, think it's all catching up to me." She placed a hand to her stomach gently rubbing small circles across her bump.

Alicia watched smiling as she lay her head back down on the cushion. "Don't get comfortable you've got all this to come Dr Munro and let me tell you, nothing can prepare you for childbirth."

The younger doctor laughed nudging Connie before they lay quietly once again. When Connie flinched in pain Alicia darted up looking at her worriedly. "Con-" "It's alright... Joy number two, you become a punching bag." She remained sitting as she placed a hand to her bump feeling the baby's kick beneath it.

Amy, Grace and Charlie began getting bored as they sunk down to the floor sitting with each other. Inside Charlie was clearing up the kitchen as Cal and Jacob started getting things out for dinner.

"I bet you can't wait for this next one to come along." Jacob put down what he was holding laughing. "I don't know how you've done it, but you've made yourself the perfect family there." They noticed everyone from the window as they prepped dinner.

"I never thought I would but those children are everything to me. I don't think there's anything I can say about Connie that I haven't already said to you." Cal smiled moving across the room. "Now all you need is the family pet and you've got it all-" "Nooo way, do not even put that idea in my wife's head. Please."

Alicia was drifting off when Connie jumped up rushing inside. She watched as she moved inside straight past the guys in the kitchen. "Sweet cheeks?" Jacob looked on as she went straight to the bathroom.

Charlie was in the bedroom when she came inside before moving to the kitchen to get her a glass of water. "Looks like the real fun's about to begin... When Connie suffers, she really suffers." Cal placed a hand on his arm with a smile. "I'll allow you to enjoy that, keep her outta work yeah?"

Connie remained on the bathroom floor for a while longer hearing somebody knock at the door gently. "Everything okay in there?" "You can come in Charlie."

The door opened up as he passed her a glass of water. "Thank you-" "You need to make sure you stay hydrated." She placed it on the floor beside her as she rolled her eyes. "Thanks nurse Fairhead, the clinical lead and mother of two already wasn't aware of that."

A chuckle came from him as he perched down beside her. "How you feeling?" "Alright now, they're deciding now's a good time to start moving around." He placed a hand to her back gently rubbing it.

Connie relaxed backwards as she focused on breathing steadily. After a short while longer she was up on her feet walking back through the kitchen. "You alright?" She stepped up to Jacob who wrapped his arms around her as she lay her head to his chest. "Mmm... Tired-" "Go and get some sleep baby if you need to."

She lay a hand to his chest standing up. "I'll be alright. Sleep better tonight if I don't." "Alright, whatever you want sweet cheeks." He kissed her forehead gently before she walked back out to Alicia.

"Hey-" "Joy number three, get used to running from room to room." They both leant back getting comfortable again. Charlie came running across up the steps to sit between Connie and Alicia. "Hey little man." He lay his head against Connie's bump as she placed a hand on his back.

Cal moved outside watching Amy with Grace. "It'll be strange going back won't it? Amy not being with you and Alicia I mean." He looked towards Jacob with a nod. "It'll be quiet anyway. I mean I'll always be around Ethan's with her but it's not the same."

Jacob leant forwards against the railings of the cabin porch. "Well. Maybe's there's something you could do about that." He pushed away heading inside as Connie moved in too. "Sweet cheeks." She smiled up at him before yawning.

"I really do think you should get some sleep-" "And I think you should wake me up." A sly smile placed on her face as he wandered towards the bedroom with her. Jacob yawned as he fell down to the bed causing Connie to shake her head with laughter. "There's me thinking you didn't get warn out-" "Oi nobody said anything about me being warn out..."

Connie watched as he stretched getting comfortable. "Yeah, right..." She pulled out some comfortable clothes before taking off her jeans. "You know I think you become more beautiful with each day-" "I'm becoming more pregnant I know that!" A laugh escaped his lips as she pulled on the jogging bottoms and changed into a loose top.

Falling onto the bed beside Jacob she shuffled further up until she could rest her head on his arm. "You're beautiful Connie, pregnant or not-" "You have to say that to keep me sweet." He laughed as she turned her head looking up at him. He lifted a hand to her chin, his thumb running against her bottom lip. "If you weren't beautiful, inside and out, I wouldn't have married you, starred a family with you."

Connie smiled gently as he lifted his thumb from her lip to replace it with his. The smile never faded as he pulled back from her. "So... You thought of any names for squirt yet?" "Squirt?" Connie raised a perfectly arched eyebrow with a look on her face. "You know, like the cute little turtle in the film Charlie likes-" "You've nicknamed our child after a cartoon turtle in Finding Nemo?"

Jacob smiled placing a hand to her bump feeling several small movements. "Think they agree there's nothing wrong with the name sweet cheeks... So have you?" "I'm only just 4 months, they've only just started moving around and you want a name?" Jacob smiled pushing his lips to hers. "Maybe..." "Well I haven't had time yet."

She sat up before Jacob stood up pulling her too. "Well, I think Jacob's a pretty sweet name-" "Yeah in your dreams maybe." She playfully pushed his chest as she went to move past him before he pulled her back in and kissed her. Connie relaxed into it before pulling away and heading to the bathroom again.

Jacob rolled his eyes with a sigh heading after her. "Not quite the response I expected from my gorgeous wife when I kissed her..." He crouched down behind her pulling her hair back and rubbing her arm. "No, but the response our kids give us when you do. Just look at Charlie and Grace now."

He laughed kissing the top of her head sitting with her happily chatting getting ready for the many hours he assumed they'd be like this. Although it wasn't the nice part of having a child, Jacob promised to be there every step of the way. "Always sweet cheeks. You'll never face this on your own."