Good Morning

Day 6 ~
The house was alive with movement as the sun remained high above the cabin. Charlie had taken Grace and Amy out for a walk while Alicia and Cal sat outside on the veranda playing with Charlie.

Connie woke placing a hand down beside her realising the bed was cold and empty. She lifted her head still half asleep to hear Charlie's laugh. She let her head rest back down on the pillow as the bedroom door was pushed open gently.

"Good morning beautiful-" "No, just morning... If it was good I'd still be asleep." Jacob watched Connie turn her face into the pillow admiring her while he could. "What isn't good about every morning?"

He wandered across the room placing a knee onto the bed. "We have two beautiful children..." Connie turned her head to face him, a hidden smile breaking out. The bed dipped down as he moved his other leg up onto it. "Another on the way..." Connie rolled over just as Jacob straddled her waist.

She lifted a hand to the back of his neck as he leant down. His hands pushed into the bed either side of her head, his eyes never leaving hers. "And the first thing I see when I wake up is you... I don't think mornings can get any better."

The infectious smile which made its way onto Connie's face was enough to make him happy. He closed the space between them gently pecking her lips. "I have every reason for it to be a good morning everyday for the rest of my life because of you... Thank you."

Jacob placed a kiss to her forehead causing Connie to close her eyes and take a breath. When she opened them again he was watching her with the same loving eyes that followed her wherever she went. "I don't know what I did to deserve you Jacob..."

She kept her hands behind his neck as he looked down at her. Neither of them noticed anyone enter the room as he closed the space between them, his lips coming into contact with hers.

Before it could be taken any further Jacob felt someone tugging at his side. He let his eyes fall to the side of the bed where Charlie stood grinning upwards. "Daddy what are you doing to Mummy?"

Jacob glanced back to Connie who seemed partly entertained and partly mortified. She sat herself up leaning against the headboard while Jacob scooped Charlie up from the floor.

"Well I was just saying good morning to your Mummy but she thought she was funny, so I was trying to get her back." Connie raised an eyebrow sceptically as she folded her arms against her chest.

Charlie seemed to be trying to work out what was going on still but before he had the chance to talk Jacob lifted him up above his head.

His laughter radiated through the room as Jacob continued to mess around with him. "Nice distraction tactics muscles-" "Muscles? But his name is Daddy silly."

It was Jacob's turn to look at Connie now. "I know sweetheart, but I call Daddy muscles because he likes to think he's big and strong when he's just a huge child." Jacob's eyes watched Connie intently as he pushed his tongue into his cheek. Charlie stifled a laugh causing Jacob to turn on him and tickle him.

"Charlie? Oh sorry, we didn't realise he's come through here." "Too busy were we Alicia?" Her cheeks flushed red as she leant against the doorway. Connie laughed while Charlie past her through the cabin. "I'll talk that as yes-" "I'm going to go watch Charlie..."

Alicia spun on her heel closing the bedroom door behind her. Connie threw the covers back about to get up before Jacob crawled across her.

"Where do you think you're going Mrs Masters?" Connie draped her arms over his shoulders as he ran his hands up her bare legs. "Someone has to watch our child." Jacob nodded letting his eyes fall from hers for a moment. "And someone has to make sure we get our time together."

He gently pushed his hands further up her body until they held onto her thighs. Connie bit her bottom lip with a perfectly arched eyebrow. "Mmm do they now?"

Jacob closed the space between them kissing her gently before Connie moved from where she was sat. She knelt up on the bed pushing forwards towards Jacob. Her hands held onto his shoulders while his dropped down to her bum.

He fell backwards pulling her with him before she fell away from him laughing. Jacob pressed his lips to hers muffling her laughter as his hands skimmed her stomach. The skin tingled beneath his touch as it always did with him.

Connie pushed a hand to his chest so that she could look up at him. "Jacob?" "Connie." "I love you." A smile graced his face as he looked down at her running a hand through her hair. "Guess it's a really good thing I love you too."

He kissed her gently again before she pulled him as close as possible keeping their lips pushed together only breaking for air. "Now, about that good morning..." The smile on her face genuine as it always was around him.