One Day At A Time

Connie and Jacob had taken a few months away from the ED to spend time with Grace, Charlie and Daisy. A gentle breeze whipped through the curtains as Connie began to wake. She stretched with a yawn turning her head to look out of the windows.

She lay contently as the house remained in a blissful silence. The only sounds to be heard were those from outside the window. She took a deep breath gently letting it go before rolling over to face Jacob, still asleep. A smile came to her lips as she caressed his cheek leaning in to kiss his lips briefly.

Connie felt him smile against her lips before kissing her back. She parted from his lips with a warm smile as he opened his eyes. "Good morning beautiful-" "Good morning muscles." Jacob leant closer placing another delicate kiss to her lips as he moved an arm over her waist to press to the small of her back.

They were completely absorbed by one another, enjoying the quiet before the storm. "It's strange to be first up in this house-" "Tell me about it." Jacob laughed pushing the hair back from her face as she leant up on her elbows. "Have I ever told you I love you?" "Once or twice sweet cheeks..." "Good. Don't forget it either."

Jacob nodded with his hand still placed to her lower back. Her skin was warm and the skin to skin contact caused sensations in his stomach that no other woman ever had. "What do you fancy doing today-" "Nothing!" He smirked as she rest her head on her hands looking to him. "All I want right now is for you to kiss me-" "Right now?" "Mmm..."

He moved closer shutting down the space between them as his lips brushed over hers moving past them. He found the sensitive spot on her neck kissing it gently. Connie moved a hand to the nape of his neck rolling her head backwards allowing him to reach better. She moaned gently before Jacob pushed her sideways rolling above her.

Connie laughed as he did so before bringing both her arms up around his neck while his lips found hers. The kiss began gentle but it was quickly deepened. There was a level of passion behind it that they hadn't had for some time. Connie lifted her legs to wrap them around his waist, bringing them closer together.

Jacob bought his hands up to cup her cheeks before letting them slide over her body. His hands followed the curves of her body, skimming over the black lacy underwear before resting on her thighs. He broke from her lips to look down at the fire in her eyes. "I could do this all day-" "Well we don't have all day, we have about... 15 minutes." She had lifted up to glance at the clock before resting back down.

"In that case beautiful-" He spoke softly against her lips before resuming his place on her lips. The covers fell from the bed as Jacob knelt into the bed relieving some of the weight from Connie, still wary of causing her any pain. Connie pressed her hands to his bare chest tracing the lines of his muscles.

He broke from her lips to press kisses along her jaw and down her neck. He kissed across her shoulder before repeating his actions on the other. Connie's breathing was erratic as he came back to her lips taking the little breath she had left away.

From elsewhere in the house Grace was stirring to her mother's laughter. She smiled looking up out of the skylight window as the clouds blew across the sky gently. Grace laughed when she saw Charlie spread out across the bottom of her bed playing with one of his cars. "Hey Charl-" "Gracieeee!"

He jumped up the bed landing on her stomach hugging her as she laughed. Grace returned the hug kissing his cheek. "Is Daisy awake yet?" Charlie nodded as Grace smiled beginning to get up. "You coming then?" Charlie nodded as Grace lifted him up onto her back carrying him across the landing to Daisy's room.

Their little sister lay there gurgling to herself with a soft toy scrunched up in her hand. She began kicking her legs excitedly and swinging her arms about upon seeing Grace and Charlie come closer to the bed. Charlie was down from Grace's back standing up on the edge of the cot smiling at Daisy.

"Jacob stop it!" Connie laughed trying to push his hands off while rolling about before he tumbled from the bed with a thud. She clenched her stomach as she laughed at him. "Thanks baby for making sure I wasn't hurt-" "S-sorry... Are you okay handsome?" He rolled his eyes kneeling up as Connie placed a hand to his cheek leaning in to kiss him.

When she parted she looked to the doorway hearing people chatter. "Looks like the brady bunch are awake..." Jacob nodded with a smile as he wandered across the room throwing Connie's dressing gown to her. "Thank you..." She slipped out of the bed putting it on while Jacob walked along the corridor following the laughing before standing in the doorway of Daisy's room.

He watched with a huge grin as Connie wandered out. "What are you looking at?" "Our crazy kids." She stepped beside him looking around and into the room to see what he saw. Daisy was laying on her back laughing and babbling.

Charlie was laying beside Daisy in her cot holding her hand while Grace sat in the cot opposite them. Connie smirked shaking her head while Jacob wrapped an arm around her waist. "They are definitely your kids muscles-" "I don't know what you mean sweet cheeks..."

He smiled looking down at her before they returned to observing them. All three seemed to be in a good mood as they laughed. The days Connie had spent at home with her children had turned out to be better than she'd ever thought they could be. Maybe more time away from the ED was something she should welcome.