It's Mrs Beauchamp, I Mean Masters

Connie stood in the bedroom with one of the lamp's on as she finished applying her makeup. She ran her hands through her hair before picking up the hairspray and covering the ends of her curls quickly. Connie ran her hands down the tight black trousers smoothing them out before letting the white blouse hang loosely.

Jacob groaned from the bed as the lights began to wake him up. "Con?" "Go back to sleep muscles, it's early." She walked across to the bed placing a kiss to his lips as he rolled over closing his eyes. It wasn't until she switched the lamp off and wandered from the room that he realised what was going on.

He jumped out of bed throwing some clothes on before moving downstairs. Connie was stood in the kitchen cleaning up after Charlie and Grace's breakfast. "Are you taking us to summer school today?" "Yes sweetheart, that okay?"

Grace smiled jumping up from the kitchen table walking through to the living room. Charlie remained sitting at the table as Connie passed him his cup. She rubbed a hand across the top of his head before pressing her lips to it. "Finish eating baby and then go get dressed." "Okay Mummy."

Connie turned around switching the coffee machine on as she wandered around the room collecting her files from work. She picked up her phone checking through her messages before putting it into her handbag. "Grace baby go and get your clothes on please, don't forget your trainers today!"

When she turned around she noticed Jacob leaning against the door frame watching her. "Morning-" "How long have you been standing there?" He smirked stepping into the kitchen as she watched him. "A while, you're incredible you know that right?" Connie smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist carefully.

Jacob lifted a hand to her chin looking down at her. "Thought you were taking it easy?" "I am, I just... I don't want to miss out on raising our children Jacob. I don't want them growing up thinking I didn't care enough to do all of this-" "And they won't. You've been ill, Con it doesn't mean you suddenly don't care about them."

She nodded as she rested her head to his chest. He lifted a hand but before he could run it through her hair she stopped him. "Do not, touch my hair." He lifted an eyebrow as she looked up at him. "Excuse me sweet cheeks?" "Don't. Think. About. It."

Jacob lifted his hands in surrender as Connie turned to the side. While she was distracted he quickly rubbed his hand against the top of her head messing her hair up. "Jacob!" She spun round running after him across the kitchen as he turned to her. Connie punched his chest as he wrapped his arms around her laughing.

Connie shook her head as he kissed her, her arms making their way around his neck naturally. He pulled away before grazing her lips once more. "Do you want me to finish up down here?" "No it's okay, I can manage." She placed a hand to his cheek before standing up. "I'll go get changed, take them to the school with you."

She nodded as he walked from the room while she finished cleaning the kitchen. "Done sweetheart?" "Yes Mummy." Connie smiled cleaning his hands and mouth before pulling faces at him causing him to laugh. She leant forwards and kissed him before he ran off upstairs.

Connie leant back with a content smile on her face before making sure she had everything for work. By the time everyone was downstairs Connie was beside the front door. "Grace! We're going to be late, again!" "Coming Mum!"

She frowned hearing her daughter erupt into laughter before seeing her draped over Jacob's shoulder as he carried her through the hallway to the front door. "And she was incapable of walking?" "Yes." Both Grace and Jacob responded together before laughing. Connie rolled her eyes before ushering everyone out the door and into the car.

The drive was far from quiet as Grace chatted the entire way. "There's Amy Mum, can I walk with her from here?" Connie slowed looking to Jacob unsure. "Please Mum, promise I'll be good. Pleaseeeee." Jacob didn't speak but offered a small smile. "Okay, I want you to text me when you get there though okay?"

Grace nodded frantically before wrapping her arms around the chair and Connie. "Alright, go sweetheart. I'll see you at home later." Grace grabbed her bag jumping out of the car. "Amy!" She turned to see Grace running over to her smiling before hugging her.

Connie waved again before sighing and driving towards Charlie's nursery. "Your little girl's not so little anymore sweet cheeks." He took her hand as they wandered back down to the car after taking Charlie in. "I know, it scares me how grown up she's getting. I feel like she's not going to need me soon-" "Hey, she'll always need you. You're her Mum."

Jacob reassured her as they drove towards the ED. "You don't start for another hour Jacob-" "Huh... Guess that means it's an hour for me to make sure you're not pushing it then." Connie smiled as she let Jacob pull her into his side wandering into the entrance.

"Ah Connie-" "It's Mrs Beauchamp-" "Is it sweet cheeks?" Connie turned her glare from Cal to Jacob. "Just don't... Not right now Jacob." Spinning back to Cal she looked at him. "What did you want Dr Knight?" "Was just going to say Alicia's not feeling too great, I didn't want her to come in today like that."

Connie softened nodding. "Is she alright?" "She will be. Just wanted to let you know first thing." Connie nodded as he wandered away before continuing the walk to her office. "So, Mrs Beauchamp-" "Jacob do not push me today."

She watched him as they entered her office. Connie was sure he had followed her inside but when she turned back she saw him looking at her door. Smirking to herself she watched as his eyes flicked between her and her door.

"See something you like Staff Nurse Masters?" He was speechless glancing at the words on the door before focusing on Connie. "I didn't think you wanted this, at work I mean?" Connie wandered over to him looking to the fresh plaque on the door. "Well, how could I not?"

Jacob smiled pressing a kiss to Connie's lips as the phone from her desk rang. Jacob walked in after her sitting down on the sofa. "Hello Mrs Beauch- Mrs Masters..." She glanced across the room as Jacob couldn't get enough of seeing his wife back at her desk like this. "Ah Henrik, how nice of you to call after only, ooh 5 minutes of my shift starting."

Connie spoke bitterly over the phone as Jacob tried to suppress a smile standing up. "Where do you think you're going? No not you." Jacob looked at her the smile only growing further. "I was gonna grab you a coffee, thought you might need it soon."

'Thank you'. He nodded leaving Connie to her phone call while heading to the café. She leant forwards resting her head in her hand listening to Hansen drone on. "Mmm... Mhm... Yes but... I know... Okay..." Jacob wandered in seeing the expression across her face. 9:13, not even he could work that quickly.

Jacob closed the office door and walked up to her making her stand up. He took a seat at her desk pulling her down to sit across his lap. He passed her a coffee which she immediately took a sip of while he rest a hand to her bump. "Would you listen to me-" She sighed being cut off again.

Connie rest back into Jacob's chest listening to Hansen rolling her eyes. Jacob leant closer to her ear speaking quietly. "Not even I can piss you off that quickly, must be one hell of a conversation." She sat up pushing a finger to his lips as she finally snapped.

"Look Henrik you either shut up and hear me out or find yourself a new clinical lead. That's what I thought..." Jacob did nothing but smile as he admired his wife in all her glory. He didn't understand a single thing she said, but he wasn't really paying attention. He just loved seeing her fall back into her old ways without any effort.