Finally A Family

"So is there a reason for this party today?" Amy placed the bowl down on the side as she looked across the kitchen at Alicia and Cal. They glanced at each other quietly as Amy shrugged. "Well?" Things had been different over the last few weeks within the house and Amy wasn't sure what to make of it.

Originally she had put it down to the hormones of Alicia being pregnant but when Cal began to act funny too she began thinking maybe it was something to do with her being there. Now they'd invited people over for a 'party' yet there was no reason to celebrate that she could think of.

"Okay there is a reason... We hope." Amy's look of confusion just grew as Cal avoided really giving her a proper answer. He moved from standing beside Alicia to take Amy's hand. "Come sit down..." She didn't argue but took her Uncle's hand and walked outside.

Sitting down on the swing Alicia gave them a little space to talk despite knowing neither would mind her being there. "Alicia and I have been talking, and Ethan, and Mum actually..." Amy watched and found it hard to swallow. "You want me to live somewhere else?" "God no Ames! I could never let you go again... That's sort of it actually. You're living with us now, but we were thinking. What would you say to me and Alicia being your carers, properly?"

Amy lifted her eyes to him still a little unsure. "You mean like my Mum and Dad-" "Exactly that... Listen I know I'm your Uncle, and it wouldn't change that. You could call me whatever you wanted to Amy, but me and Alicia... We want you to be happy." She nodded thinking before looking to Alicia in the doorway. "You mean, like adopting me?"

Alicia smiled stepping outside with a gentle nod. "With the baby on the way, they're going to need a big sister to help look after them. Show them exactly how to wind up their Daddy." Amy moved from where she sat to envelope Alicia into a tight hug. "Oh, sweetheart... Is that a yes-" "Yes!"

Cal smiled watching Amy turn to him. He lifted her up across his lap hugging her tightly. "See, we can be whatever you want us to be." "But you would be my Dad?" Cal shrugged rubbing a hand against her cheek. "Like I said, whatever you want me to be." "And that's the reason for the party?" He laughed nodding as she folded her arms against her chest.

"You were pretty confident I'd be happy with it then?" "Well yeah, actually..." Amy's frown turned into a smile as she lay her head to Cal's shoulder again. "Are you?" She nodded gently as he held her close to him. "Good... Then we have a party to get ready for."

Connie was wandering around the kitchen in her dressing gown as Grace bounced into the kitchen. "Guess what!? Alicia and Cal are adopting Amy-" "What?" Turning around she faced her daughter looking to her unsure if she heard her correctly. "She just told me, that's why they're having the party... Come on Mum we have to go soon."

Grace was gone from the room again dodging Jacob as he entered the kitchen. "Woah firecracker, careful... Morning." "Hey." Jacob looked over to Connie sensing she wasn't right. "Everything alright?" She didn't look up as she nodded so Jacob rounded the counter stopping beside her. Jacob took the mug from her hands placing it to the side, arching an eyebrow.

"Something you wanted?" "You." Connie's expression changed as Jacob's hands lay to her waist. "I thought we had everything sorted Con?" "We do... It's just going to take sometime for me to really forgive myself for how I was Jacob." He nodded running his hand up and down her side. "Does it help knowing that I've forgotten it?" "A little..."

A warm smile came to her lips again as Jacob neared her lips. "How about this?" He pressed his lips against hers. Gently to being with before adding the desperation he'd been feeling for weeks. Connie almost lost her footing as she stumbled back leaning against the fridge. Jacob pushed a hand to the surface behind her as the other wrapped around her keeping her up.

Connie moved her hands to the back of his neck responding to the kiss with equal passion. When he parted from her lips, he kept his forehead resting to hers. "That was more persuasive... I need to get dressed for this party-" "I'll help." She smirked rolling her eyes as Jacob followed her upstairs and into their bedroom.

When they arrived at Cal's they could hear noise from the garden. "Told you we'd be the last ones here Mum-" "Ooh, I am sorry boss." Connie shook her head as Grace rolled her eyes leaving Jacob smirking. At that point Alicia opened the door up letting them inside. "I hear you have some explaining to do to me Dr Munro?" "Amy can't keep her mouth shut for five seconds can she?" "And neither can Grace so spill."

Jacob made his way outside seeing Ethan and Cal beside the BBQ. Charlie was sat beside Emilie talking as he smiled wandering in. Grace had gone straight to Amy as they were now sitting at the end of the garden together laughing. Charlie had waited with Connie while she spoke to Alicia.

"We just decided it would be good for all of us, you know?" Connie smiled with a nod as she stepped forwards enveloping her into a hug. "Anyway how is everything with you guys? I heard you sorted things out-" "Yeah... We're getting there." Alicia smiled nudging her before wandering outside.

"Was wandering where you'd gotten to-" "Don't you worry, I'm right here. Hi Emilie how are you?" Connie accepted the hug from Charlie before taking a seat beside the older woman. "I'm g-good... How's t-the baby?" Connie laughed placing a hand to her stomach. "Active, definitely got their father's genes there."

Jacob crossed the garden taking a seat on the chair behind Connie. His hands to her hips she settled back into his chest a little. She was glad they'd talked because she really wasn't sure how much longer she could have gone without him.

Everyone had sat themselves down at the table and were enjoying the food while conversation flowed easily. After several conversations Cal and Alicia looked to each other. "Amy told us that you'd asked... You're going to do it then?" Ethan looked over at his brother as he nodded. "Yeah, guess you'll just have to stick with Uncle Nibbles for now."

Amy giggled from beside Ethan before Emilie looked to Cal. "N-nibbles? You s-still ca-ll him t-that?" Cal nodded with smile looking to Emilie than Ethan. "Yeah Mum, he still gets it." The evening flowed on gently as everyone enjoyed themselves. Things were beginning to pick up for everyone again after the last few weeks, even if it would take a little longer still.