I'm Not Ready

Already Connie had been sitting with Alicia for two hours. "Where is Cal?" "Honestly? I have no idea Alicia... Do you want me to call Jacob?" She nodded as Connie stood up stepping over to the door. Looking once more to a distressed Alicia she headed outside to make the call.

"Con tell me everything's okay-" "She's fine, she'll be here a while yet but that's not why I called. Tell me you've found Cal!?" Jacob's defeated sigh told her everything she needed to know. "Find him Jacob. I don't care how, just find him."

She hung the phone up returning to the room hearing Alicia shouting. She sat forwards clutching at her stomach desperately. Connie held the door open calling for help before wandering back inside. She stood back as several people rushed into the room. "Duffy what's going on?" "The baby's very distressed but we're not ready to push yet."

Connie watched as Duffy stepped closer to her. "I think we're going to have to complete a caesarean instead." She nodded wandering past her to Alicia, taking her hand in hers. "Hey-" "Connie what's going on?" "They're going to have to take you down to theatre, deliver this baby another way... Seems they're taking their daddy's footsteps of being a problem already." Alicia smiled before fear consumed her.

"It's alright, I'm not going to leave you. I'll stay with you the whole time." She glanced to Duffy to see if it was okay who nodded without hesitation. "Connie I'm not ready to be a Mum-" "What do you mean? Of course you are... You're amazing with Amy and I know that you'll be amazing with this one." Connie ran a hand through her hair smiling in reassurance. "And Cal?" "Cal is Cal."

Alicia rolled her eyes as Duffy nodded to Connie to show they were ready to move her. "You're gonna be fine, I promise." Alicia nodded holding on tightly to Connie's hand as they left the room heading down the corridor. "Connie!" Jacob was running along the corridor with Cal closely following behind. "Keep going..."

"Connie what's going on-" "Okay just listen, she's fine. They're going to operate because Alicia isn't ready to give birth naturally but the baby is distressed. There's no harm or danger to either right now, but if they don't do it now problems could come up." Cal looked along the corridor before Connie placed a hand to his arm. "I said I'd stay with her but she wants you... Go." Cal ran along the corridor leaving Jacob standing with Connie.

She'd completely forgotten about him standing there before he wrapped his arms around her. "How you doing?" "I'm fine muscles." She tilted her head to look up at him as his lips pressed to hers gently. "I should probably wait for them to come out-" "Then lets at least find somewhere to sit." She smirked lacing her fingers through his as they wandered back down the corridor to the room Alicia had been in.

Connie sat on the chair before Jacob settled beside her laying a hand to her thigh. "You scared me when I saw you like that earlier... I thought, maybe something had happened to Dais, or Charlie." She flicked her eyes up to him moving a hand to his cheek. "Sorry-" "You don't need to apologise sweet cheeks." Connie smiled moving her lips to his gently kissing him.

They remained sitting with one another for a while as Jacob continued to trace up and down her leg. Each time he edged a little higher, whether it was intentional or not Connie wasn't sure, but he knew he was having the desired effect on her. "So..." She coughed trying to keep her voice level. "Did Cal explain where he was at all?" Jacob shook his head with a gentle shrug. "Wouldn't say."

Connie quickly forgot the conversation, once again focusing on Jacob's soft touch. She leant back in the chair trying to ignore him but it was impossible. Ever since she'd had Daisy they'd been less intimate with each other, Jacob hadn't wanted to press Connie before she was ready for anything. There had been occasions where things picked up but it wouldn't be long before someone interrupted them.

Jacob was taken aback as Connie abruptly stood up. "Can we go for a walk?" He nodded with a small frown taking her hand letting her lead the way. Jacob was oblivious to her fast pace and direction, before he knew it she was pushing a door open on the left pulling him in after her. "Co-" She shut the door, her lips covering his instantly in a desperate kiss. He didn't argue as he felt her tongue run over his bottom lip.

He groaned against her lips before parting them. Connie made sure she locked the door before her hands trailed over his shoulders and down the front of his uniform, undoing it as she went. Jacob shoved it from his shoulders as they edged backwards. He quickly dropped his hands from her cheeks to her thighs lifting her up.

Connie wrapped her legs around his waist before feeling a vibrating from his trousers. His phone began to ring as she pulled away from his lips. "Leave it..." He nodded resuming the kiss as he pushed her down onto the small bed at one side of the room.

Cal was sitting perched on the edge of the bed staring down at his baby. "Congratulations both of you-" "Can you believe it Alicia? Look at our baby, she's beautiful." Turning her head to look at Cal, Alicia wore a tired smile. "She really is... She's got your green eyes." Cal laughed rubbing his thumb across her cheeks allowing Duffy to take her to be weighed.

"I'm proud of you, I love you so much Alicia." "I love you too." They shared a tender kiss before being prepared to return to the other room. The corridors had become a little busier since they went in but Cal was oblivious to anything that wasn't his daughter in his arms. Alicia watched the entire way before realising Connie and Jacob were nowhere to be seen.

A further forty five minutes later Cal and Alicia were laying together, with their daughter in Alicia's arms. "So we're settled?" "I think so..." As they spoke Connie and Jacob came through the doors, his hands on her waist as she laughed trying to push him away. They stopped when they noticed the raised eyebrows. "Oh, I didn't- we didn't know you were back." "Course you wouldn't."

Connie moved away from Jacob trying to hide the smirk before stopping beside the bed. "Oh Alicia... Are you sure she's Cal's? I mean she's gorgeous-" "Thank you Connie, I really appreciate the supportive comments you make." She laughed as he nudged her side. Quickly she wrapped her arms around him while Jacob spoke to Alicia. "So have you guys got a name yet?"

Alicia looked to Cal with a smile before he nodded. "Meet Amelia Lily Knight... Amelia meet your Auntie Connie." She smiled brushing a hand against the new-born's cheek quickly taking her from Alicia. "Hey beautiful-" "Hey Con-" "Shut up Jacob." He smirked as Alicia rolled her eyes. "Let's hope you turn out like your Mummy and not your Daddy or Uncle Jacob."

The four of them remained upstairs before Iain appeared in the doorway. "Iain?" Alicia frowned looking to him before seeing several heads appear in the window. "You know have three paramedics in the making after seeing how good an ambulance is at getting through traffic." Jacob and Cal laughed as they all made their way inside.

Charlie wandered in first before Amy followed, with Grace carrying Daisy. "Hey baby, you all okay?" "Mummy! Mummy! We went in the ambulance. And we went really fast. And the lights were flashing. And Iain said I can be a paramedic like him. And he said it's better than being a doctor-" "Okay time to stop talking now mate." Connie arched a brow at Iain hiding the smirk as he waved leaving them to it.

Amy had gotten close enough for Cal to wrap his arm around her before introducing his new daughter. "Amy, meet Amelia." "She's soooo pretty, definitely doesn't get it from you." Cal feigned being hurt as Amy laughed before they settled down together. They spent the next hour chatting and laughing before Connie offered to take Amy for the night, giving them space for their first night together.