Tattoo

Updates for this one are going to be a little bit slower at the moment as I'm not totally feeling this one anymore. I'll keep posting on my others and will update this gradually :)

Jacob wandered downstairs as Connie moved from the kitchen. "You ready to go?" "Yup, you?" Connie nodded placing her mug beside the sink before picking up her keys and leaving the house. "I think you're stupid you know."

He turned to look at her as she drove towards town. That was the first thing she'd said since leaving earlier that morning. "You don't seem to think that about my other ones-" "I have never said they were okay."

Connie risked a glance at him before re-focusing on the road. Jacob laid a hand to her thigh as she continued to drive. "Well... I seem to find that lying half asleep, you're always running your fingers over my chest." "Yes, well, that's because it's just become something I do. Doesn't mean I agree with them."

Jacob chuckled as Connie parked the car turning to her. "Fine... You telling me you've never considered getting one?" "Who said I haven't already?" Jacob looked at her in shock before she got out of the car. He ran around it after her trying to slow her down. "Woah, woah, woah... You've got a tattoo?"

Connie smirked as she watched him. "What if I did?" "How the hell have I been sleeping with you for 6 years and not seen it?" "Them, plural." Connie moved away from him leaving him with his mouth hanging open even more. Jacob left the car moaning walking after her.

When he'd caught up to her he took hold of her hand lacing his fingers through hers. Connie immediately pulled her hand back from his making him frown. "Sweet cheeks?" She turned her wrist over pulling her sleeve up. "Oh..." Jacob smiled down at the intricate tattoo on her wrist.

She smiled taking his hand once again. "16 and stupid-" "I think it's beautiful." Connie rolled her eyes coming to a stop outside the tattoo shop. "You sure you want to do this?" "You've not even asked what I'm having done." Connie sighed walking inside after him.

Connie took a seat while Jacob let them know he was here. They were early so he sat beside her on the small black sofa. "So, sweet cheeks... Plural?" She rest her legs across his crossing her feet as her trouser leg rose slightly. His eyes fell to her ankle noticing another small pattern twirling around it.

He placed his hand to her leg letting his thumb trace the lines of the small tattoo. "What's the reason for this one?" "My Mum... At the time I wanted something to remember her by." Jacob smiled continuing to run his thumb gently across her skin. "Still want to call me stupid?" "Yes."

He glanced up at her seeing her smile before someone came out and called for him to come through. "Coming sweet cheeks?" "I think I'll wait out here." He nodded bending down and placing a kiss to her lips gently before standing up and following them through to the back.

"No second thoughts?" Jacob laughed shaking his head. "It's fine, I'm not one to back out on anything." Jacob sat down as the artist began sorting out various things. He pulled his shirt off relaxing back in the chair as the needle came into contact with his chest.

Connie felt like she was sitting around for ages. Thoughts whirled around her head at what he could possibly be getting tattooed this time. She picked up a magazine from the counter turning the pages as she looked through several different images.

She was deep in thought looking at one when Jacob emerged just as he went in. "Don't tell me you're considering something?" "No." Connie closed the magazine standing up as Jacob paid before thanking them and walking out ahead of Connie.

Jacob stayed quiet not saying anything as she just followed him outside. "Are you going to show me this tattoo or not?" "I thought you weren't interested sweet cheeks." Connie rolled her eyes walking off ahead. "Fine." Muttering to herself Jacob shook his head getting back into the car as she drove to the ED.

They moved inside barely speaking a word as Jacob followed Connie into her office. "I guess you should probably be careful during your shift." Connie spoke sincerely without wanting to seem interested. After all he had chosen to put himself through it so he could deal with the consequences of it.

Jacob sighed closing the office door catching Connie's attention. "What are you doing-" "Just be quiet for once Connie." He finished pulling his shirt off while Connie kept her eyes on the ground. Jacob crossed the room to her moving the clingfilm from where it covered the right side of his chest.

As he moved closer she lifted her eyes to his body before noticing the black ink across his skin. "It's looking a little rough now, but when it's healed it'll look better." Connie sighed placing a hand just below it causing him to flinch slightly. She gently ran her fingers underneath as a small smile played at her lips.

In roman numerals across the right side of his chest were two dates. "You got both-" "She's as good as mine Con, I wasn't about to leave her... And when this one's here, I'll head back." Jacob's hand rested to her bump as she looked down at the birthdays of Grace and Charlie imprinted on his chest. "Changed your mind on it now?" "No."

He raised an eyebrow as she watched his expression. "Maybe..." Jacob smiled placing the clingfilm back across the tattoo moving to pull his shirt over his head too. "Wait a second." Connie placed her hands to his chest stopping him as he looked down to her.

A sly smile crossed her face as he began to mirror it. He dropped an arm around her waist as she leant up pushing her lips to his. Jacob deepened the kiss throwing his shirt backwards to the sofa before wrapping both arms around Connie lifting her up over his lap as he rest back against her desk.

Connie placed her hands to his cheeks as she pulled back from his lips. "I love you Jacob Masters." "And I love you too." She smiled into the kiss as he began to lay back across her desk causing her to laugh.