Chapter 51: Please Don't Leave Me

As she saw his car approach, Parvati increased her speed and swerved to the right, unable to see clearly in the heavy rains. She went crashing into a tree, but on the way, she hit something hard. As her car hit the tree, it came to a full stop and because of inertia, she went flying forward into the steering wheel.

She wasn't unconscious though. She knew she was probably bleeding, and a little bit of blood meant a lot for a hemophilic like her, but she had to see what she bumped into.

In the other car, Anshuman stopped fully, and got out of the car.

"Sandhya?" he said into the phone but the phone was on the ground now, along with her.

Getting drenched, the blood running down from her forehead, Parvati felt goosebumps erupt all over her body, as she ran to the object.

It wasn't an object.

It was a girl.

Parvati fell to her knees and she saw the girl lying face forward on the ground, bleeding profusely. She turned her over gently and she saw that her eyes were open, although she looked very weak.

"No," she gasped, when she realized that she had just run over her own sister.

"I told you didn't I? If I had to die... I would have to die no matter what you did to save me," Sandhya whispered to Parvati, her voice weak.

She didn't sound the least bit surprised.

How ironic. Three years ago, she would have put her own life in danger to save Sandhya... but now, three years later, to save her own life, she had unknowingly taken Sandhya's.

"You - you won't die," she said her voice cracking. "L - let me call an ambulance. H - hold on. Sandhya... you c - can't... I - I can't live with this g - guilt. I - I'm sorry."

"There's no point," Sandhya whispered, closing her eyes. "You've given me three extra years, but I was barely living... I was so weak, like I wasn't part of this place... like I didn't belong here anymore... and now I'm just going where I was supposed to go."

"Don't say that. Stop talking," Parvati said, grabbing her phone and shaking as she dialed for an ambulance.

"You... you thought you could take control of my life... and look, the universe showed you just how little control you have... you never wanted to kill me, but it is your own car that the universe used to kill me... how much control do you really have Parvati? You don't decide if I get to live or die... you never did," Sandhya whispered.

"Sandhya!" Anshuman's voice screamed desperately and the phone fell from Parvati's hands, shocked beyond measure that Anshuman was here too.

"T - take care of him," Sandhya said weakly, as Anshuman fell to his knees beside her. "It isn't your fault... it was my time... in fact, way past my time."