Chapter 118: Walking Away From You

Anshuman wished he could die.

Parvati, his Parvati was hurt. She was in such an immense amount of pain that he couldn't even begin to fathom... still, he wanted to die. It was he who was the biggest cause of her pain. He couldn't see her like this.

"What Prashant did hurt me... it hurt me a lot... I h - hate myself... I hate my body... I hate everything... but you - you have hurt me even more... only you are able to scar the deepest parts of me, because I've exposed those parts only to you," she continued, sobbing, "I was so v - vulnerable... b - but you managed to make me even m - more so."

Anshuman fell to the ground in front of him, on his knees as tears fell down his own cheeks.

Yes, he thought he had concrete evidence. Yes, anybody would believe that evidence. Yes, people were not wrong to believe in proof... but Anshuman was. Anshuman was not a simple person.

He was a lover.

He was supposed to have full faith in her. Yet that faith shattered the moment he believed in what his eyes saw.

"I'm going away," she told him. "I'm going far away. I can't be here anymore. Not with you. Not with anyone."

Anshuman shakily stood up again.

"Stay," he ordered. "This is your home. I'll go."

"What?" she asked, her heart aching.

"I'll leave forever. I won't bother you. I will let you live your life... you have let me love you, now it is my turn to lose you. I will lose you... because I deserve it. I don't deserve you," Anshuman told her. "You stay... I'll go..."

Then he stumbled out of the room, to walk away from her... from the one who taught him to love again, from the one who brought light into his dark world.

He was in no position to be here.

She hated him... and he deserved it.

He was ready to leave her forever, to fulfill her parting wish to separate from him.

The poem had also said:

"When you find love again, hold on tight

Never let it go

You've lost once, can you lose again?"

Perhaps this would drive him to insanity... but to give her what she wanted, he was ready to surrender his life.