Chapter 115: The Corpse of Someone I Once Knew

When Anshuman got home, he entered his room and saw that Parvati was packing her bags to leave. Without thinking, he took her in his arms and hugged her tightly, as he murmured, "I'm sorry. I am so sorry."

Parvati numbly stood there, unable to feel anything when he hugged her. It was like all sense of emotion had left her. She couldn't even feel the comfort in his arms. She couldn't feel the love in his words, nor could she feel the genuine forgiveness he was asking of her.

Anshuman let go of her and kissed her forehead.

She still couldn't feel anything. She ignored him and continued to pack her bags.

Anshuman fell to his knees on the ground and clasped his hands together.

"Parvati, I am so sorry," he sobbed. "I know... I'm bad. I'm very bad. I am horrible."

She didn't even feel bad for him.

"Please Parvati. Please forgive me. I'll die... please Parvati," Anshuman begged.

Parvati continued to throw her clothes in her bag, ignoring him. It had never been so easy to ignore the desperation in his voice.

"Please," he sobbed.

She finished packing her bag and zipped it.

"Please, please, please," Anshuman pleaded as if he was begging to have his life spared.

"I love you Parvati," Anshuman confessed to her, tears falling down his cheeks. "I love you so much... I love you more than anything. I love you."

She thought she finally felt something subtle inside her... but it was so subtle, that she brushed it off as nothing at all.

One time, many years ago, when they were just getting to know each other, Anshuman had told her: "You won't understand. It's easy to say, but when the one you love really betrays you, only then you'll understand how hard it is to forgive them...As soon as she told me, I couldn't even look at her. How do you expect me to forgive?"

She was finally understanding how true those words were.

How was she supposed to forgive him when she couldn't even look at him?