Chapter 138: Mommy Left Me

The next morning, Parvati woke up before Anshuman. She felt like all of this was a wonderful dream. It was so hard to imagine that just yesterday she had been all alone, and today she had the one she loved the most in this world in her arms. She untangled her body from Anshuman's and kissed his cheek lovingly.

"Don't go," he groaned and pulled her down on top of him.

"I'm not going anywhere," she replied softly and kissed his chin, feeling butterflies in her stomach as his stubble pricked her lips.

"Not even one centimeter away," he said cutely and she couldn't help but melt.

"I don't even want to go one millimeter away," she whispered and placed her lips on the crook of his soft neck, causing his grip around her waist to tighten. "I really want to shower though. Will you allow me to?"

"We can shower together," he grunted and she giggled.

"Yes, we can, but that requires you to get up from this bed," she pointed out.

"I'll get up in ten minutes," he mumbled cutely.

"I'll be done in ten minutes," she whispered and pecked his lips quickly before getting off the bed and rushing towards the shower.

As soon as she finished showering, she pulled on one of Anshuman's t-shirts and his sweatpants, because she didn't have a change of clothes for herself. Then she got in bed next to him and caressed his hair.

"Wake up sleepyhead," she said softly.

"Ten more minutes," he whispered, his eyes still closed.

She kissed his temple and smiled. He wasn't getting up for a while.

"Okay, I'll make tea," she replied, and then she left the room in his clothes.

As soon as she left the room, she heard wailing coming from the room at the end of the hall. It sounded like a little girl was crying. Parvati went to the room and gently turned the doorknob. The four year old Anusuya was sobbing in the bed. Her heart felt like it fell out of her chest and Parvati ran to the sobbing girl.

She picked up Anusuya and cradled her in her arms.

"Anusuya, are you okay?" she asked, wiping her sweaty hair from her face.

Her face wasn't warm either... it seemed like the fever went away. Why was she crying? She pressed her cheek into Parvati's bosom and sobbed harder.

"N - nightmare!" Anusuya sobbed.

"About what?" Parvati asked, stroking the child's hair.

"Mommy!" Anusuya cried.

"Mommy?" Parvati asked, confused.

"Mommy left me!" the girl sobbed, and Parvati's own eyes filled with tears at the heartbreak in the girl's words.

"What do you mean? Where did she go?" Parvati asked softly.

"Mommy left us and went far away," the girl sniffled.

"Who is your mommy?" Parvati asked the girl.

The girl finally opened her eyes, and through her thick lashes, she looked at Parvati innocently.