Chapter 54: Only I Can Punish You

After the police left, Anshuman turned to look at Parvati, his eyes still holding a dangerously calm expression. His expression scared her, because he had just lost the love of his life, his fiancee, and his best friend.

"Why didn't you let me get punishment if I killed her?" Parvati asked him.

"You don't get to decide on the punishment, and neither does the law. You took my Sandhya away from me... I won't let you get away with it so easily," Anshuman told her darkly.

Parvati's eyes stung with tears.

"You can punish me," she told him. "I accept that I caused her death."

Albeit indirectly. The accident did happen with her car.

"Come with me," he said to her.

She didn't ask any questions. She just followed him into his car. Anshuman took out his phone and called a number.

"Yeah, wake up... I need a favour from you," Anshuman said into the phone. "Come to the Mandir by our school. Bring Vikrant."

Then he hung up the phone as Parvati looked at him inquisitively.

"I'm going to marry you tonight," he told her. "You can say no and go back to your regular life... or you can accept and let me punish you. Your life will be Hell if you accept."

Tears poured down Parvati's cheeks and she nodded.

"I accept any punishment you want to give me," she whispered. "But do you really want to marry me? On the day that Sandhya -"

"Don't take her name," Anshuman hissed, interrupting her. "Our marriage will hold no significance to me... so whether it is today or any other crap day, it doesn't make a difference. The only way I can punish you properly, is if I keep you around me."

Parvati nodded quietly, surrendering to her fate. After all, this was what she deserved... and this way, if he kept her with him, maybe she could heal him, and herself as well.

She looked up at him, her heart hurting.

She didn't know if he could give love a second chance. She knew he was just angry with the situation. He was angry at himself too, because he couldn't stop it. The only way he knew how to take out his anger, was by doing this.

Still, a thought crossed her mind, and she couldn't suppress it.

Was it possible that Anshuman could fall in love again?