Chapter 81

"What about this one?" Niall asks picking up a ring.

I examine it. The color, the shape, the style. It doesn't scream 'JENNIFER, MARRY ME!!!!'

"Nah. I'll go look around. " I tell him. He nods and continues looking around.

I look into the cases, uninterested in everything there.

One certain ring catches my eye. Its turquoise-ish, purple-ish color. Its perfect.

"Niall!" I call to him. He rushes over and looks at the ring through the case I'm looking at.

"Can I see that one please?" Niall asks the woman. she nods before unlocking the case for us to come face to face with the beautiful gewl.

"Its perfect!" Niall breaths in awe.

"Would you like this one sir?" the blonde asks.

"How much?" Niall pulls his wallet from his back pocket; waiting for the woman's answer.

"$20,000." she says. Damn. that's a lot of money.

"I'll take it. She's worth it." he smiles.

"You should get something engraved on it." I tell him.

"Yeah. I know exactly what to put too."

15 minutes later we have the beautiful ring with 'N+J' engraved on the inside.

She's going to love it.

"Its perfect. Thanks for helping me." Niall says wrapping me in a hug.

"You're welcome. Anything for my sister." I smile at him as he puts the ring in his pocket.

We step into the warm Los Angeles air. Walking and taking advantage of the nice weather.

"Want to get some lunch?" he asks. "My treat? " he adds.

"Now how can a pregnant woman turn down a free lunch?" I joke.

He smiles as we walk to the nearest restaurant.

"So how are things with the baby?" he asks.

"Good. I have an appointment in a few days." I smile up to him.

"Great. Good thing Harry will be able to go before we leave." he smiles.

The smile I once had was instantly wiped off my face. He's leaving? Why didn't he tell me?

"You guys are leaving?" I croak.

"You didn't know? " he asks. I shake my head 'no'.

"I'm sorry." his face holds sorrow and regret.

"Don't be." I say as anger fills me.

Clicks and flashes go off in our eyes. I shield my eyes from the harsh light.

"Is it true that isn't Harry's baby?"

"Are you cheating on Harry with Niall?"

"Is your marriage a fake?"

"Is your relationship a publicity stunt? "

Stupid questions are thrown at me as Niall grabs my hand and pushes through the crowd of paps.

Once we successfully made it to the car without any paps following us, we climb in and lock all the door. We sit in an awkward silence; only our breathing being heard.

"Are you okay?" Niall asks.

"Take me to Harry." I demand.

"Are you-" I cut him off.