Chapter 11

I clung to Aria's shoulder and cried. I can't believe she had to go through something like that for so long. It's not nearly as much as I've been through, but still, NO ONE deserves to be beaten or neglected.

"Thank goodness you all are okay," Demi let out, hugging the both of us tightly.

I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to Aria. She can't go into foster care, she's my first real friend.

Aria's POV

I sighed as we drove away from my house.

Im spending the night at Sam's tonight, and tomorrow I have some meeting thing with the police to get everything sorted out.

Before I could continue with my thoughts, I drifted into a deep sleep.

*Flashback/Dream*

"Who's this?" Darien questioned as he walked towards me and Sam.

"This is my friend, Sam. I told you I was having a friend over tonight, dad."

Sam stepped forward and put her hand out.

"It's nice to meet yo-" he cut her off by slapping her across the face, slamming her into the ground.

"DAD!" I rushed over to Sam.

"Get your little slut out of my house," he slurred. I should've known better than to bring her over here.

I took Sam's face in my hands and rubbed her cheeks. She wasn't crying, she had more of a confused and shocked look in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" She chuckled lowly. Her eyes suddenly widened and she went to go and say something before I felt a tug on my ponytail.

Darien slammed my face onto the ground and started to through punches at my back.

Sam's screams echoed throughout the house. I felt the punching suddenly stop and looked up to see Darien holding his groin with Sam standing above him.

The door suddenly busted open and three cops were standing there with handcuffs.

"Darien Montez, you have the right to remain silent-you under arrest for child abuse, child endangerment, and child pornography. Anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law."

I looked up to see my mom in the doorway sobbing. I let a tear shed and was ready to run up to her before I watched her run and hug Darien.

I felt heartbroken and lost. My mom cares more about a man who
abused her own daughter than her daughter herself. Nice.

I stood frozen as Sam clutched to my shoulder, hugging me from the side, and cried. She wiped her tears and looked up at me, wiping mine.

"Nobody should have to go through that, Aria. I hope you know how much I love you," she whispered into my ear.

Moments later Demi, Sam's mom, walked up to us and hugged as both tightly.

"Thank goodness you all are okay."

*End of Flashback/Dream*

"Aria, we're here," Sam announced, waking me from my slumber.

I exited the car along with Aria and Demi, and walked inside the house.

It was huge. Bigger than mine, and mine was pretty big.

"Sam, go watch TV or something, I want to talk to Aria for a sec." I tensed up. I had never really talked to Demi at all before, only when me and Sam were facetiming and I was teasing her.

Demi grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs and into her bedroom (I'm guessing)

I say down on her bed awkwardly and looked at her.

She gently rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. It was weirdly comforting, not even my own mom had showed that much affection towards me before.

"Are you okay?" She whispered. I gulped and nodded.

"You know you don't have to be scared to talk to me, right sweetie?" I slowly nodded again.

She sighed and finally sat down on the bed beside me.

"Well I was thinking, over tiny amount of time that I've known you I've seen potential in you. I know what foster homes have down to some kids, I don't know want you to have to go through that, too..."

Where is this going?

"...Now this is totally up to you, and I want to talk to the rest of my children first, but would it be alright if I adopted you?"

•••

Filler chapter. Sorry for the wait, guys. I've been reallllly bust lately.

Quick shout out to a few people: RhiannAnderson, kendall295, WeLoveDemi, and squiddly diddly ;P lol. You all are awesome.