Chapter 18

Tick. Tick. Tick. I looked at the clock on the wall and frowned.

"Ms. Lovato, will you please pay attention." I looked up to the distressed woman and gave her an uninterested look.

"Why should I?"

she rolled her eyes at me, "Because I said so." I shrugged and continued to stare at the clock until class was over.

"Alright guys, remember your essay is due next Wednesday. Sam Lovato stay behind for a bit, the rest of you have a wonderful day." I let out a deep sigh and walked to the big desk to the right of the classroom.

"...You wanted to see me?"

"What's going on with you, honey?"

"Nothing Mrs. Gomez, I'm fine."

"I don't believe that for one second. And I already informed your mom about your behavior."

"You called Demi?" I said unbelievably.

"I texted her, yes." I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't people just leave me alone?

"whatever," I mumbled. Mrs. Gomez raised her eyebrows slightly.

"Sam," she began in a whisper.

"And when did you and Demi start talking again anyway?" she looked at me shocked and surprised.

"We check up on each other occasionally..not that that's any of your business." I laughed humorously and walked away.

As soon as I left the room I went straight to my locker and grabbed my bag. The hallways were clear so it's not like any would catch me sneaking out.

And if they did...Oh well.

"Samantha, what exactly do you think you're doing?"

"Leaving." Mrs. Gomez caught up to me and grabbed my wrist tightly. I flinched backwards and watched as her eyes grew wide. She made a face and grabbed my shirt instead, dragging me out of the building and to a car.

"Get in." I groaned and stepped back stubbornly.

"Get in the car, Samantha. Now."

"Don't you have a class to teach?"

"This is the last hour of the day, which so happens to be my free period so get into the car and stop making excuses before I just call Demi and tell her to come down here myself." I sighed and got into the passenger seat with a deep frown. Selena shortly got in after and started the car.

"You know I've actually been talking to Demi for a few months now, the last few weeks we've been talking about nothing besides you."

"Cool."

She sighed, "Sam, I don't know what's going on with you right now but you and Dem need to sit down and have a serious talk."

"Me and Demi don't need to have anything." She snorted a laugh and turned away from me. We sat in the car in silence all the way home.

As soon as the car stopped Demi walked out of the front door and walked towards the car. I felt my stomach twist as she came closer and closer.

Xxx

I started at the ground uncomfortably as Demi and Selena drunk their coffee and gazed over at me curiously. All of a sudden Demi stood up and walked over to me.

"Me and Sam are gonna go upstairs for a minute, make yourself at home, Selly." Demi grabbed my shirt and dragged me upstairs and into her room. I sat on the bed and waited.

"Are you cutting again, Sam?"

"No."

"Don't lie to me, I've already talked to Selena."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"None of your fucking business." Demi glared at me. I stood back up and got into her face.

"Do yourself a favor and just leave me alone," I spat.

"What has gotten into you?" She whispered. I frowned and began to walk out of the room only to be pulled back.

"Let go of me."

"No." I turned around in the spur of the moment and swung my fist in the air.