Chapter 7

I gaped at the computer screen as the interview ended. I had no idea about Demi's past. I had no idea she was previously famous. I mean, it would explained a lot of things, though. Like why her house was so damn expensive looking.

I looked up from the screen when I felt an extra pair of eyes on me, only to find Demi herself staring at me and Allison in the doorway.I watched as Allison stood up from the bed and made her way out of the room, while Demi stepped into the room, closing the door. She came by me and sat on the bed.

"I didn't know.." I trailed off.

She cut me off, "A lot of people don't. It's been years since I got out of treatment. I can still remember it to this day," she took a deep breath, "I was lucky. The support I had from my family and fans was indescribable. And then for the next however many years I remember having young girls come up to me, telling me I saved their life because I inspired them to get help and talk about their problems." She looked over to me and began to stroke my hair.

"It was hard. I didn't want to go, but my parents forced me. I still had trouble with everything when I got out. I still do today and I always will," she stopped and grabbed my hands, "I took time out of my career and pretty much my entire life to go and get help and become healthy. If I can do it, you can, too."

I glanced downwards at the ground.

"But I've sat and though about it. You're only fourteen and I was eighteen when I wen't to rehab, so I had more of a sense of responsibility. I don't want you to send you away like that so I'm going to tell you what's about to happen. I will try to help you in any way that I can. You'll go to therapy like you're supposed to and you'll come to me if you feel like you're loosing control" I nodded.

"So is that a deal?"

"Deal." I whispered. She let go of my hands and looked back at the laptop. For a tiny second I saw a light in her eyes.

"What happened?" I finally asked.

"I had a family to take care of and my career was getting in the way of that."

"Do you think you'll ever get into that stuff again?"

She sighed and glanced at me, "Maybe."

...

I resisted the urge to giggle as Dani's tounge stuck out of the side of her mouth. Her eyes were narrowed at the tower of mashed potatos on her plate and looked looked so freaking adorable.

As I went to say something to her my old flip phone began to ring. Demi sent me a small glare as a warning not to answer it.

I knew her rule about not having phones out at the dinner table but just laughed nervously and accepted the call.

Demi's attention was now fully on me, her glare turning deathly. I knew I would get a mouthful later for not listening to her but turned my head and began talking anyways.

"Hello?"

"Sam, baby!" shit.

"Oh. Um. Hey, what's up?" I asked nervously.

"I think you know," the voice on the other end of the line said.

I brought my voice down to a whisper so nobody could hear me, "Jake, now is really not the time."

"I've been trying to get a hold of you since you left a year ago, Sam. We're talking NOW before you disappear off of the face of the Earth again."

"SAM!" Demi's loud voice boomed.

I turned my attention back to my phone.

"Jake I really don't feel like dealing with you right now. I gotta go."

"Don't hang up on me, Samantha!" He shouted before I quickly snapped the phone shut.

"Sam," I turned my attention to Demi who was holding her her hand out at me, "Phone. Now."

Before I could go to hand it to her it suddenly vibrated in my hands. I snapped back and opened the phone, checking the message I had just recieved.

"Samantha."

Blocked I.D

Why the hell would you hang up on me? I though you of all people would know better than to make me angry, Samantha. - 8:59pm

I heard Demi huff and before I could respond she snatched my phone from my hands. I looked up.

"Go to your room." I rolled my eyes and walked to my room. It wasn't until an hour or so later that the door opened and Demi stood in my doorway, a disgusted look on her face. I automatically knew that she had been through the messages between Jake and I.