Chapter 37

And all of a sudden, she was gone. Her entire room cleared out with nothing left in her closet or dressers. Her stuff, such as pictures, posters, coffee maker, mattress, completely vanished.

She did leave a note though, for our sake, explaining the since she was now eighteen she was simply ready to be out in the world on her own.

No one actually believed that, though.

The fact that Allison made the choice to leave on her own, before graduation, was a red flag that something was wrong. Someone, something, made her want to leave.

Demi, being the person that she is, made sure to reassure the rest of us kids that this wasn't our fault, which was bullshit.

Ever since I moved in it was obvious that Alli wasn't the slightest bit happy with it. Yeah, maybe the first few weeks or months or so she acted like she loved having another girl around her age in the house, but it was all a lie. And deep down I think that we all knew if it wasn't for me that she wouldn't have made the decision to. It everyone out of her life like this, without so much of a phone number to contact her through.

It was my fault.

It was my fault.

"Sam," I looked up, "Stop blaming yourself."

"Why?"

"Because it wasn't your fault. Not everything is, you know."

"How do you figure?"

"Cause."

"That's a logical reason."

Aria laughed and sat down beside me.

"I think she just felt pressured or something, Sam."

"I doubt it."

"I don't. I mean, she may be eighteen but she doesn't have the mindset of an adult yet. She's just making an impulsive decision because she's scared. It has nothing to do with you."

My eyebrows furrowed and I began to laugh, "Okay, Dr. Lovato."

...

Authors Note:

Hello I'm back and this is sooooo short and not at all an acceptable 'chapter' when I haven't update this in 3 months but in all honesty I just wanted to get something up.

More to come soon.