Chapter 38

Since Allison was legally an adult at that point, we couldn't bother to look for her, because nothing would happen. Instead, we all decided to put our full focus into packing our stuff up for a second time.

My belongings were relatively easy to pack considering I carelessly threw them all into a few boxes and sealed them up when they reached their maximum capacity.

I managed to wander into Dani's room, flopping down onto her bed. She was busy sorting her toys, but smiled at me in acknowledgement Two boxes, one labeled 'Donate' and another labeled 'Keep' sat before her. I snickered to myself as she struggled deciding whether or not to keep a certain doll. She studied it intently, turning it over in her hands before giving into it. Sighing, Dani threw the doll into her 'Keep' box.

"Do you even play with that?" I asked, laughing quietly.

She rubbed her face roughly, shaking her head.

"No! But I feel bad!"

I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking over to where she sat on the floor. I sat Indian style beside her, staring at the massive pile of toys and stuffed animals.

"Here, I'll help." I offered, shaking open a black trash bag.

"Wait!" Dani cried as I reached to put a stuffed animal inside.

"Relax. I'll mark it to keep."

She bit her lip nervously but nodded. I smiled, happy that she trusted me at least slightly.

I threw all of her million stuffed animals into the bag, sticking a piece of tape on it that read 'KEEP!!!' so the movers knew not to throw it away. Dani would be devastated.

Demi cleared her throat, interrupting our packing. She leaned against the doorframe. Her hair was pulled up out of her face and beads of sweat were dripping down her face.

"How's everything going?"

I shot her a thumbs up.

"You got all your stuff packed, Sam?"

I nodded and gestured toward my room.

"The boxes are at the edge of my bed. There aren't many. And I only have my bedspread to fit into my suitcase."

Satisfied, Demi nodded and walked won the hallway, toward my room. She was on a mission.

After Dani's toys were all packed, I told her to hurry packing her clothes, given the few hours we had remaining to pack.

I walked into my bedroom, where the boxes were no longer. The walls were bare, no posters or records plastering them anymore. My closet was empty, not even a single hanger left hanging. I ran my hand along the edge of my vanity, wincing slightly when suddenly, my finger came into contact with a blade. I made sure no one was looking before I removed the tape and stuffed it into my back pocket. I would be sure to hide it later on, just in case. I stripped my bed free of it's 'clothing' and stuffed it into my suitcase. I jumped up on the bed and sat down on the suitcase, zipping it tightly.

Struggling to wheel the suitcase downstairs, Aria appeared and helped me. She struggled just as much as I did.

"Together?" I giggled. She rolled her eyes and picked up an edge of my suitcase. I picked up the other end as we made our way to the top of the stairs.

"Damn," she grunted, "You have a lot of clothes."

I agreed, carefully stepping down, one step at a time. We both made it unharmed. A mover took the suitcase out to the truck and I wiped hands clean.

"All done." I sighed, contently. Aria groaned and flopped onto a couch in the middle of the room.

"I still have to bring down my boxes."

I offered my help, but was turned down.

"Dani needs it more than I do." Aria giggled, referring to the child struggling with deciding which dolls to keep.

But once I reached Dani's room, she was finishing up with her clothes. I was surprised but then saw Demi appear from Dani's walk-in closet.

"Hey, kiddo. You all done?"

"Yep. Need help?"

Demi shook her head turning around 360 degrees to scan the room of any leftover items.

"Nope," she sighed, zipping up Dani's suitcase. "All that's left is the big furniture. Thank you though."

I slightly smiled, stepping out of the way so she could speed by me. She was eager.

A few hours later, the whole entire house was bare and the three moving trucks were filled to the maximum.

Demi checked the house one last time, locking up the doors and setting the security system before calling us all downstairs.

"Let's go girls! Say goodbye!"

I was already in my room though. I hadn't known where to even start.

"It's been real." I said out loud, my voice echoing into the emptiness.

Aria suddenly grabbed my arm from behind me and pulled me along down the stairs. Dani was waiting anxiously with Demi.

"Ready girls?"

I nodded along with Dani and Aria.

"Okay, let's hit it!" Demi shooed. I called shotgun before anyone else and ran to the passenger door.

"Bitch." Aria scoffed, sliding in behind me. I smirked in victory.

After scolding Aria for cursing, Demi started up the car and slowly pulled out in front of the first moving truck.

I couldn't take my eyes off of the house which wasn't just a house to me. It was ultimately the first place I had ever been able to call home. My home. It upset me to know that we were leaving it behind.

I was sort of glad to get out of Texas, though. Not that I didn't like it or anything, because I did, but I was ready for a change. I was sure that everyone else was, too.

Not only that but we were all excited for Demi to launch her career again. A career that she actually enjoyed, and not the factory work that she had grown used to.

"I'm so exicted that we're moving to New York!" Dani squealed from the backseat. I let out a little laugh and reached over to the radio, turning it up loud.

I flickered through dozens of stations before I finally found a song that caught my intrests. It was a pop song by some girl group, which sounded kind of unusual for me to listen to.

"I'm glad we all declared you the radio queen," Aria scoffed.

I smiled slyly and rested my feet up onto the dashboard.

"I'm the one in the front seat, so what I say goes."

Aria shot me a death glare while Demi shot a glance at me, clearly amused.

"Is that so?"

I cleared my throat "I mean if that's alright with you, Momma."

"Just sit back and shush. All three of you."

...

a/n- I'm not even close to being done with editing this but i've been feeling bad for not updating, so there's that. Not much has necessarily changed in the story so far (I am still working on like, chapter nine or ten, I believe), so as of now just hang on tight. Creds to @laceylovato for writing most of this chapter.