Chapter 5

"No," I spat out defensively.

Demi looked at me doubtfully. She lifted her hand up and brushed my hair back. At that moment I already knew she knew. Somehow she knew a lot of things without me having to tell her.

"Show me, honey."

I shook my head at her, "There's not anything to show."

"You don't have to be ashamed."

I threw my head back and groaned.

"It's not even anything like that."

"Then what is it like?"

I shook my head once again and took off to my bedroom. I didn't owe Demi anything and didn't have to explain anything to her if I didn't want to. And in this case, I didn't want to.

...

I woke up the next morning to the sound of an alarm. Furrowing my eyebrows, I quickly shot up in bed to find Demi standing at the end of it.

I didn't even remember falling asleep.

"Rise and shine, sweetie," Demi smiled at me, acting as if the night before never happened. Maybe it didn't and it was only a dream.

I groaned and lifted the covers over my head in a attempt to ignore her. I heard Demi laugh and then felt weight shift on the other side of the bed. The cover slowly lifted up and Demi climbed into bed next to me. I squinted my eyes at her and fought the urge to smile as she did the same.

"Listen, I was your age once, too. I know how it is. School sucks I know, and I'd honestly let you stay home if it wasn't law and I wouldn't go to jail if you didn't go. So do us all a favor, stop being lazy, and get your butt out of bed," she smiled. I grumbled slightly and shook my head. I knew that I would have to start school sometime, but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Demi sighed and climbed back out of my bed before sighing loudly.

"You have an hour," She stated, walking out of the room.

...

I chewed on my nails as we pulled into the school parking lot. Los Angeles County High School.

"You'll be fine, Sam. And if you have any trouble with anyone, just come and find me. I don't mind kicking a freshmans' ass, they're all annoying, anyways," Allison said with a grin. I watched as Demi glared in her direction.

"You won't be kicking anyones ass, Allison. And watch your mouth, I don't want you cussing around me."

"Yes ma'am," She said sarcastically. Demi's glare hardened before she turned torwards me, giving me a small smile.

"You'll be fine, honey." I nodded and got out of the car with Allison. We both waved and watched as Demi drove off.

...

"Alright class, we have a new student today. Her name is Samantha, and I would like it if you all made her feel as welcomed as possible. Sam, I am Mrs. Lea. You can take a seat in front of, um, the young girl in the Panadore shirt," she waved off. I glanced around the classroom to see a tan skinned girl sitting way in the back, wearing a dark grey Paramore crop-top.

The girl rolled her eyes at Mrs. Lea before speaking in a loud tone.

"My name is Aria, for the millionth time, and it's Paramore."

I stifled a giggle and walked torwards the empty desk in front of the girl. As soon as got settled into my seat and Mrs. Lea began to teach again I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to turn and look back and look at Aria.

"So, Samantha," she began.

Before she could continue I cut her off, "it's Sam."

"So Sam," she started again, smiling widely, "you should sit with me at lunch."

My eyes narrowed, "Why?"

"Well I mean, it's not like you really know any else here."

I raised an eyebrow, "And how do you know that?"

"I mean, you're new here.."

"So?"

"Um" she mumbled, at a lose for a reply.

"I was kidding."

"I knew that," she defened. I shook my head and laughed.

"Sure you did. But yeah, I'll sit with you."