Chapter 16

"Why are you making us do this?"

"Because your all acting like spoiled brats. Now hush." I groaned and threw my head back dramatically. Demi rolled her eyes at me and turned to the sudden knocking at the door.

As soon as Demi was out of sight me, Allison, and Aria all let go of each other hands. Ew, Sweat.

"SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!"

"I stand corrected. Where were you exactly when your husband was beating her?"

"None of your goddamn business! Now where is she?"

"Oh she's in there but you sure as hell aint getting her back. She's mine now, I adopted her."

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DID. ARIA!"

"GIRLS GO UPSTAIRS!" I silently ran behind the girl's and into Allison's room with them. We all sat there staring at the floor, an awkward tension building in the room. I looked up at Aria and gave her a quick reassuring smile. She frowned in return.

"Why are you being nice to me?"

I sighed, "The person who gave birth to you is downstairs acting like a fool, fighting over you. That's probably the least I could do."

she bit her lip and stared at me.

"I-I'm s-sorry for calling you a-"

I cut her off, "It's no big deal. I get it, I'm the crazy girl on meds."

"No you aren't Samantha," she snapped. I shrugged and started walking towards the door before turning to Allison who was watching us intently.

"Glad to know where we stand."

Xxxx

I ran my fingertips over the small bottle and sighed. I opened up the cap and poured all of the pills into my hand. Looking over to make sure the door was locked, I swallowed one.

And another.

And another.

And another, until the whole bottle was empty.

I took one last look in the mirror and walked out off the bathroom and downstairs to the group sitting on the couch watching Mean Girls.

I sat in between Demi and Dani and snuggled into Demi's chest as one tear finally left my eye.

As the movie went on I began to feel sleepy, so I closed my eyes and began to drift away.