Chapter 32

I walked into the silent living room expecting it to be empty, considering Aria, Allison, and Demi went over to Dianna and Eddie's for the afternoon. Instead my eyes landed on the same Mick dude from the hospital, nervously scratching the back of his neck with Demi standing in front of him with yet another stressful look on her face.

Even a blind person would be able to tell that something was going on.

"What's going on?" I asked, breaking the silence. Four eyes snapped up to meet mine in an instant.

Demi sighed, "Nothing, honey. Go to your room, Nick and I are discussing some things."

'Some things' my ass.

"Do you forget where I'm from, Demetria? I can handle it. I'm not a kid. Now what's going on?"

Demi's eyes turned cold.

"Go upstairs, Samantha. Now."

I returned the hard glare and replied with a, "No."

"No?" Demi scoffed.

"You heard me."

"I can come back," Nick piped up awkwardly.

"No. I want to know why you turned her in, Nicholas." I'm so confused.

"She pushed you down the fucking steps and now there's a chance that the baby won't survive! She deserved to go to jail!"

"Yeah but that's somebody's life that you're messing with!"

"That's somebody's life that she was messing with!"

Demi shook her head and returned her gaze to me.

I was pissed.

"Somebody please tell me what the fuck you all are talking about."

"Go to your room, I'll be up there in a little while," she demanded strictly.

I rolled my eyes and shuffled away from the duo, upstairs to mine and Aria's bedroom.

As soon as I sat on my bed my thoughts drifted to the conversation previously playing downstairs as they finally registered into my brain.

"She pushed you down the fucking steps and now there's a chance that the baby won't survive!"

Pause.

Hold the remote.

Rewind the fuck up.

What!?

I sat on my bed for what seemed like hours, but in reality was only about thirty minutes.

As soon as Demi entered the bedroom I jumped up and began to bombard her with questions. Or furthermore, threats.

"DEMETRIA LOVATO YOU BETTER TELL ME WHO THE FUCK THIS PERSON IS WHO PUSHED YOU DOWN THE STEPS RIGHT FUCKING NOW."

Demi stayed calm despite my outburst and gestured for me to sit back down. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms, obviously not going to comply until she explained some shit.

"I'm about to be really blunt with you," Demi confessed. I nodded for her to continue.

"Back when you began to stay with me and I had just found out about your," she hesitated and nodded towards my wrists, "you know, I was kind of going through a rough time. Being a single mom taking care of three kids on top of two jobs was kind of stressful, you know? So, uh, anyways.. After me and you had went back to sleep that morning and I took Dani and Alli to school I went over to Nick's house."

She paused.

I, still not putting two and two together, shrugged my shoulders.

"So?"

She sighed, "I'm not saying what I did was right because it absolutely was not, but I decided to basically use him as a stress reliever.. as I have done before. And now I am facing the consequences of my actions."

"So Nick is the baby's dad," I mused. Still doesn't explain her getting pushed down the fucking steps.

Demi nodded.

"He's married."

And then it all clicked. Nick's wife was the one who had did this to her. She was the one who put us in this situation.

I could lose my baby brother, because of this bitch.

My jaw clenched and slowly all of the rage that I had left in my little petite body arose.

Shit was about to go down.

...

Authors Note:

Haha I write way too many cliff hangers. Sorry, guys.

Anyways, thoughts?

I'm honestly surprised that none of you but one person semi-guessed what was happening. So, if I knew how to dedicate chapters on mobile, it would go to you, fyeahlaurinah. Congrats.

I wanna also give a shout out to my home girl, Danielle aka WeLoveDemi ;) I hate you. If you all aren't already following her you can't sit with us. So, uh, go do it. Like now.

K bye.