Detached

~General Narration: ?~

    The adolescent form of a Cybertronian femme, light green highlighted by bright red with teal optics, stood, biting the tips of her digits, in front of a young mech, a bright scarlet brought out by small bits of emerald with blue optics, as he sat in the darkness near her.

???: “Why must they be so silly?”

    She asked him, not even expecting an answer, simply asking aloud what she couldn’t figure out in her processor.

    The young mech shrugged, watching her.

???: “They can’t help it. They’re stressed. They can’t remember things. It happens.”

    The femme took a deep intake.

???: “But she hurt him.”

    She exvented, shuttering her optics.

???: “But it hurt. She hurt a lot, thinking he’d abandoned her. She wasn’t thinking rationally and so it’s understandable. She felt bad. She’ll make it better. She loves him.”

    The femme nodded, knowing she had found and spoken the reasoning for her mother’s apparent attack on her father. For their mother’s apparent attack on their father.

    The mech nodded.

???: “They love each other, Jade. We know they do.”

    He stood, wrapping his arms around her gently. Jade nodded again, embracing him back for a small moment before pulling away. The mech smiled. It was her way of things. She allowed small amounts of contact, no more.

    He also knew that while he was patiently waiting for this to find a way to work itself out, she was internally frustrated at the lack of progress with their parents. She’d never let on.

    In that way, she was very much like a Prime. Like their father.

    Him? He was like their mother behavior-wise. He was fiery, quick to love and defend, very passionate about most things.

    They both took after their mother, their carrier, in the way that they were capable of manipulating the UP. Not as much as the one they knew to be Angel, but they knew their way around. It was how they were capable of making themselves age as quickly as humans. If not, they’d still be tiny.

    The tiny lights flickered around them and in the distance, the waves of purple and blue ebbing here and there only to swell again.

    Jade sighed, sitting down, going back to the calm state her brother usually saw in her.

    He smiled lightly, sitting down next to her, draping his strong arm around her smaller shoulders.

    She vented softly before speaking to him.

Jade: “Blaze. Get your arm off me. I’m fine.”

    He shook his helm, smiling.

Blaze: “Not a chance, Jadey! You need me.”

    He pulled her closer, kissing her forehead.

    She pushed him away, fluid beginning to well in her optics.

Jade: “Blaze, I don’t need YOU. I’ve had you here for me for years! I need them! I need our parents! We need Mom and Dad . . .”

    She shook her helm, instantly washing the tears away, her stoic strength returning.

Jade: “We need to get them back together.”

    Blaze nodded, but pulled her close again. She didn’t fight this time.