Blaze

Jasmine held Jade closer, afraid to let go. She still couldn't believe her tiny girl was here. Her baby was . . . not alive . . . but not gone . . .

She planted a small kiss in the smooth black hair, proceeding to brush back a few strands.

Jasmine's voice came in a low, soothing tone as she spoke.

Jasmine: "What are you doing here, Baby?"

When Jade looked up at her mother slowly, streams on her pale cheeks indicated the path several tears had already taken. An instant pain filled Jasmine's spark.

Jasmine: "Oh, Sweetheart . . ."

She held the girl closer, allowing Jade to rest her head against Jasmine's sternum without any more questions.

And for the next few hours of night, Jade wanted nothing more than to just drink in her mother's presence, her mother's love, before it was taken away from her again.

~General Narration: Orion~

It would have been a normal night. It should have been a normal night. But the odd dreams came to him again. It started innocently enough.

He was holding that green femme again, but as the . . . different version of himself.

They sat on the berth carefully. They didn't spend much time around anyone lately . . . they didn't want anyone finding out about the . . . children prematurely . . .

They wanted to keep it quiet for now, which was reasonable. Especially when they didn't want to take any chances that the Decepticons would take notice.

Of course, that meant that when duty called, he often had to leave her behind, however reluctantly.

He hated those days. Hated how he felt about it. Like he was deserting her.

Even worse was that, despite his status as Prime, every time he left to battle against the Decepticons, no real promise existed that he would return.

He didn't know if he could do it today. He didn't know if he could leave her behind again for an energon mine . . .

The look she gave him broke his spark. It had been mere days since the loss of the twins . . .

Instantly, he remembered the conversation they'd had for naming their small ones . . .

Blade: "Optimus, what do you want us to have? Boy or girl?"

She looked up at him from the servo that guarded her abdomen. Though no danger existed in the room, instinct had easily taken over.

He gave her a small smile, his large servo coming to rest over hers.

Optimus: "I think a young mech would be nice . . . A little warrior . . ."

She laughed lightly and his smile grew.

Blade: "Oh really? And what would you name this little boy?"

He pondered for a moment . . .

Optimus: "I'm partial to Blaze . . ."

It was a nice, Cybertronian-type name. And one that made him think of his fiery mate. It was rare that she wasn't so passionate about something that she wasn't willing to make a stand, to fight for it.

That passion had aided him . . . The first day she'd entered this form . . . Some days, he forgot she'd been born human.

Her smile took that thought away as she spoke to him again, breaking through his thoughts.