Broken Sparks

Orion examined the pink-haired woman who'd stumbled into his apartment questioningly.

Orion: "Miss, I don't know how you got here without clearance, but I'm expecting company soon. I would really appreciate if you could leave at the earliest convenience."

Something about her struck a chord within him, though he couldn't quite recall what.

???: "Orion, you scaredy-Cybercat!"

She giggled.

???: "Don't you remember me?"

She punched his shoulder, the action ringing a familiar bell.

???: "You seriously forgot about me, sweetspark?"

Her blue eyes shone as she silently pleaded with him.

???: "Your wife . . . ?"

She held up her finger, showing a ring. He frowned, looking her over.

Orion: "If you're my wife, and you recall this, where have you been all these years?"

???: "Looking for you, wingnut!"

She bopped him on his head playfully.

???: "Don't you remember me . . . ? Our daughter, your princess . . . ?"

He shook his head as the elevator having whirred into motion.

Orion: "I truly don't. And I don't understand why you're here. If you're looking for money from a lawsuit or something, I don't understand why."

??? "No . . . I came here because I missed you. And I love you, Orion Pax."

She leaned forwards and softly kissed him, causing a brief wall to crumble . . .

~~~

He was holding their daughter, their sparkling in his arms.

Elita: “Isn't she cute Orion . . . ?”

His exhausted sparkmate asked. She had just finished delivering Cellina. Elita-1 was still smiling though. Nothing could ever take it away. Not even the War.

    ~~~

He blinked as the memory hit him, but it didn't click without the other pieces. However, a shattering piece of glass broke through the haze.

Jasmine: "Orion . . . ?"

She stared at them as the doors opened, and he looked over at her, just as puzzled as she was, pain pouring through the bond.

Jasmine: "How could you . . . ?"

But she didn't wait for an answer, tears flooding her eyes as she frantically hit the button that would take her back to the ground floor. The doors closed as he rushed toward them, hand jamming between, causing them to open again.

Orion: "Jasmine, wait-. We need to talk."

Jasmine: "What's there to talk about? Was she just a pity kiss? I don't want to hear it. Just . . . Stay away from me . . ."

She wiped her eyes, shoving him roughly from the doorway as the large metal doors closed again. He watched her vanish, spark anguished in pain. Both hers and his.

Orion: "You can not possibly be my wife."

He murmured, wishing he could do something more.

Orion: "I do not feel your pain as I feel hers . . ."

She then ducked her head, sounding like she was crying but then . . .

???: "Hnhnhnhahahaha!"

Her appearance changed and a different woman stood before him.