Perfect (Beautiful)

~First-Person Narration: Jasmine~

    I could have talked to Orion forever. He was very sweet and gentlemanly, but we still talked about things like sports, our favorite movies, our visions for the future . . . We just  . . . clicked on a whole new level. I didn’t feel defensive with him the way I had with so many men. He could quote any of my interviews or movie lines . . . It made me laugh to hear him mimic my voice.

    It made me smile to see the way his eyes lit up when he did so. His eyes were such a bright shade of blue . . . Like he was erethral . . . He was fantastic. Jimmy brought us lunch and gelato, while we were discussing our picks for next years Super Bowl . . . It was another hour after before we left the cafe, walking down the street, still immersed so deeply in conversation that we hardly paid any attention to the people around us.

    The place wasn’t exactly deserted, either, but it was empty enough for the time of day. It was comfortable, really. Plenty of people had decided to stay indoors today, which was all the better for us. The ninety-degree heat would’ve been horrid for the average human, but well, I wasn’t exactly ‘average’ . . .

Jasmine: “Favorite color?”

Orion: “Either blue or red. I’m slightly preferential to blue with my own things. It’s very calm. What about you?”

    I couldn’t help the smile I had. Everything was flowing so well.

Jasmine: “Either green or purple, especially together. It just makes a very feminine, yet grounded composition.”

    His smile grew as he thought of another question.

Orion: “Opinion of the weather?”

    I laughed softly at him.

Jasmine: “Right now? Not too horrible, but not exactly my favorite. Once in a while I enjoy a nice thunderstorm to shake things up . . .”

    He grinned at me, kissing my cheek.

Orion: “Good . . . I like that . . .”

    His response just made me laugh more. We didn’t even notice the fact that it was starting to cool down, and a few clouds were crossing over the sun, but plenty of the rays were still coming through.

Jasmine: “That’s another thing!”

    I told him, coming to a stop. He paused, turning to face me.

Jasmine: “Why have you kissed me yet? You tried twice at the ranch. Is there something in my teeth or what?”

    He laughed, walking over and taking her my hands in his. I couldn’t help smiling.

Orion: “Because if we get not only a second, but a third shot at a first kiss, then I want it to be special.”

    Reluctantly, I sighed, but the smile was broad as I continued walking down the street with him. I swore I could hear one of those street performers, but I didn’t bother to look towards the faint sound of music.

Jasmine: “Fine, fine . . . Um . . . Favorite song?”

    He laughed, and it was then that I noticed he didn’t seem too affected by the humidity, either. A slight sheen of sweat was on his forehead, but it was nothing, really. He pulled out his phone, sliding his finger across the smooth screen and playing with it a moment.

Jasmine: “Now what are you doing, you-.”

Orion: “Sh-sh!”

    He put a finger to my lips to shush me, and I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow, but he ignored me. I sighed, rolling my eyes at him. He was focused on the screen intently. I sighed,frustrated, but still somewhat amused. His eyes moved rapidly across the screen, scrolling up and down from what I could tell. He took another few minutes before he turned back to me.