Pushing Through

Nici led them all through the ground bridge and into the base. Bots, and teens, looked up, eyes widening.

Ratchet: "Optimus! JewelBlade!”

The medic exclaimed, looking just as he had thirteen years ago when they’d vanished. Though he may have gained a few new scratches in his paint.

???: "JASMINE!"

A familiar voice shouted, and a gold blur shot out of nowhere and hugged her tightly.

Nici: "Wha- Sunny! You're supposed to be resting!" Nici said.

Jasmine blinked, looking down at the small girl and her changed appearance. A small smile crossed her face as she picked Sunny up and kissed her cheeks.

Jasmine: "Did we wake you, Hon?"

Optimus gave a gentle smile at the appearance of the girl in his spark mate's arms. The small girl laughed.

Sunny: "Nah, I've been awake for awhile! Guess what?! Bombshell kidnapped me and this creepy guy called Shockwave turned me into a techno-organic! Watch!"

She squirmed free and leapt down. Gold plating shrank across her skin.

Sunny: "Taaadaaaa!"

She turned back with ease.

Sunny: "They've been teaching me all this neat stuff and told me all about you!!! You're so cool!! So is Orion!!!!"

Jasmine: "Aw, Darling . . . You're very sweet . . . You remind me of a couple someones, you know that . . . ? It's quite unusual . . . But I think you'll be quite all right this way . . . I'm glad you're adapting . . . and I'm glad you think Orion and I are 'cool' . . ."

She kissed the girl's forehead gently. She wasn’t lying. Sunny was like a mesh of her daughter and son. Sunny giggled, and Nici grinned. Sunny seemed to brighten her mood.

Sunny: "Ouch! Nici you gotta bruise on your cheek?"

Nici: "Huh? Oh don't worry Sunny."

She patted the small girl’s head.

Sunny: "Nici needs to tell you guys 'bout the satellite 'an the formula! She wants me to help s'plain."

She giggled, and dragged Jasmine along.

Sunny: "C'mon!!! It's really important!"

Jasmine sighed, nodding lightly. While Sunny being okay did comfort some of her, another part of her ached for Jade and Blaze more so when she was around the girl.

Jasmine: "I'm coming, Darling . . ."

Optimus rested a hand on her shoulder, knowing how awkward it was for her to be around a little girl. Sunny drug Jasmine over to a girl with pointed ears.

Sunny: "That's Nova! She doesn't speak a whole lot."

Nova looked up, nodded and went back to working on whatever held her attention on the laptop in front of her. Sunny sped over to Orion next and, throwing his hand over her shoulder dragged him over.

Sunny: "Nici'll s'plain what's going on!"

She said once again as the brunette walked over.

Nici: "Nova, can you-."

The woman stood up and left.

Nici: "Uh . . . thanks."

She cleared her throat before speaking to the group.

Nici: "We figured out most of Bombshell's plan."

She turned and typed something into the computer.