Accelerated

Jasmine turned over in the bed slowly, her hair a tousled mess. With a hand grazing over the top of her head, she knew she probably looked like she’d been standing in a wind tunnel all night. But as her lover shifted next to her, she couldn’t have cared less. She pressed a quick kiss to his lips, smiling, as even in his half-sleeping state, he returned it, a smile quick to his lips as he pressed close to her.

Orion: “Good morning, Mommy . . .”

He murmured against the sensitive skin, and she laughed, emerald eyes bright. Her spark tingled with the renewal of the bond, with the growing forms inside her that were a part of her spark, split off, combined with more . . . human conception.

Jasmine: “Good morning, Daddy . . .”

She took his hand in hers, lifting it to her lips, kissing the back of it gently a few times over. He smiled in his sleepy state, approving of her affections.

Finally, things had changed again. Jasmine could feel the twins again. She could feel the dull sensation they had on her spark. She could feel the nearly electric pulse inside her womb, where she knew they were growing. Well, perhaps ‘nearly’ was too light of a term.

Jasmine yelped as a jolt shot through the tissue, as a spark shocked her from the inside, most certainly not from her own internal workings.

Jasmine: “What in the-?”

She frowned, gazing down at her abdomen, where it had resonated from. Optimus smiled, kissing her again before she could finish, sliding  a hand over her bare abdomen. He pressed his lips close to hers with a gentle touch, smiling when she gave in to him under the mess of blankets and sheets. He hooked his arm around her waist, moving to press a few light kisses to her neck.

That was when the shock hit him, too. He pulled his hand back in confusion, staring down at her skin.

Orion: “They didn’t do that last time . . .”

She smiled impishly, sliding a hand over his neck slowly.

Jasmine: “They didn’t have half-breed parents last time, either . . . I’m taking it as a good sign . . . They’re feisty this time . . . They refuse to give in . . . That’s good . . . We’re going to have our babies . . . For now and always . . .”

His grin returned full force and he kissed her again, earning him a muffled laugh.

Orion: “Our babies . . .”

He whispered, squeezing her a bit of wonder in his tone.

Orion: “Our babies . . . Our babies . . . OUR babies!”

He pulled her closer, kissing over her shoulders, her collarbone, her sternum, her neck, a hand always gliding over her skin. He paused for a moment, his head tilting as he looked up at her.

Orion: “Are you already swelling?”

She blinked and sat up, frowning, Optimus promptly moving out of her way.

Jasmine: “I don’t . . . I don’t think so . . . I mean . . . That’s not possible . . . Is it? Not even full Cybertronians develop that quickly, Optimus, I mean . . .”

She fumbled to find the words, a confusion settling over her. Optimus gave a slight nod, sensing her distress over something so simple, so small, but so monumental.

Orion: “It could be nothing, Maiden. I could be mistaken. Don’t worry yourself. You’ve been through enough with them.”

Jasmine: “How long have I actually been pregnant?”

She asked, turning her eyes to him, searching for an answer in her own mind. They hadn’t been intimate that many times, so the choices were limited. Had it actually occurred the first night they’d been together?