Chapter Six: Masquerade Mishaps Part Two

6
Chapter Six: Masquerade Mishaps Part Two

We are about to enter the car when i realize something "daddy wait i forgot something" i say rushing back inside not waiting for his reply.

I quickly but carefully raced into my room and grabbed the small wooden box that grandma had given me off my bed side table.

Slowly i walk over to the bathroom mirror placing the small box on the sink. Carefully opening it i took out the blue lotus flower and place it neatly in my hair.

Okay this should be okay i think to myself looking around my bathroom until i notice something that mother would scold me for. Quickly i reach over and grab the silver bracelet that mother had given me and i placed it around my wrist. I must have left it in here after my shower.

I turn out of my bedroom and rushed out the front door "sweetie what did you forget?" Daddy asks me still standing outside of the car.

"This" i say bending my head down so he can see the beautiful blue lotus flower.

"It's gorgeous sweetie."

"Your fathers right it suits you splendidly" mum says rolling down the car's window "you're sure to find a husband in no time."

I mentally laughed at my mother's words they may like what they see but it's almost guaranteed that i wont.

I entered the car sitting opposite mum and dad (we were in a limo after all) once i had hoped into the car i put the dark blue shinning mask that mum had gotten for me. after a long twenty-five-minute drive we finally arrived at our destination. The car doors were opened for us as we exited the car.

"You're all looking lovely tonight" the guy holding the doors say kindly.

"Why thank you" mum replied in the same tone.

"Yes, thank you" dad said in a stern voice. Now it was my turn i prayed on my life that i didn't trip. Whilst exiting the limousine i notice the structure of the house actually looked like a castle with a grand staircase leading up to the front doors

As soon as we reached the double door entrance two men came and pushed the door open signaling us to walk in "thank you" i said kindly to both men who graciously accepted my words with a surprised kindness like they usually didn't get thanked.

As the view in front of me unfolds i am gob smacked it was huge and that's saying something considering where I live. It was a giant ball room with an enormous chandelier hanging above.

"Stunning isn't it" Mum states i give her a small smile in return "go mingle" daddy says before i rush of in a random direction. I look around and notice a girl around my age sitting alone with a beautiful green dress and mask on. Hopefully i could make friends with her.

Cautiously i walk over to her "umm hello" she looks up at me startled "hi" she said in a kind voice "umm i was wondering if you would mind letting me keep you company since i don't really have any friends to talk to."

"You?" She questions "you don't have any friends?" I nodded in response "how your gorgeous and from what i can tell really friendly surely you would have a fair number of friends."

"Nope, nada" i say with a small smile "do you know anyone?"

"Yeah, i know a lot of people here" she states sadly.

"Then why are you alone?" I say taking a seat careful not to push any boundaries. I was new to this whole friendship thing.

"Just because i know people doesn't mean i like to hang out with them" she said in a certain way that made me laugh.