Ch 2.) Are you Aaron Burr Sir?

NEW YORK CITY, 1776

I groaned as Alex lead me into another Bar seeing he spotted Aaron Burr.

"Alex, do we have to speak to him," I complained trying to lift the hem of my dress, so i didn't trip on it.

"Come on Gigi, when will I find him again?" Alex pleaded.

"Don't understand why i couldn't go home,"

"You know i'm more confident with you behind me," He said flashing me puppy eyes.

"Ah alright, just let me open so you don't scare him off," I said.

"Thank you Gigi,"

"Pardon me? Are you Aaron Burr, Sir?" I asked.

He turned and looked me over before flashing a flirtatious smile.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"That depends. Who's asking?"

I elbowed Alexander and he stepped forward to shake Burrs hand.

"Oh, well sure, sir. Im Alexander Hamilton i'm at your service sir, I have been looking for you." Alex said letting out a nervous laugh.

Burr smiled

"I'm getting nervous,"

"Sir, we heard your name at Princeton, we were seeking an accelerated course of study." Alexander, like always cut me off.

"When I got out of sorts with a buddy of yours. I may have punched him, it's a blur, sir. He handles the financials?" Alex rambled.

"You punched the Bursar," Burr said bemusedly.

"Yes! we wanted to do what you did! Graduate in two, then join the revolution. He looked at us like we were stupid, I'm not stupid!" Alex exclaimed.

"So how'd you do it? How'd you graduate so fast?" I asked genuinely interested.

He smiled at me and reached down to kiss my hand. I retracted my hand almost immediately.

"It was my parents dying wish, before they passed," He explained.

My mother flashed behind my eyes and her voice rang in my ears.

"Take care of Alexander,"

Burrs words made Alexander even more excitable.

"You're an orphan? Of course! I'm an orphan! God, I wish there was a war! Then we could prove that we're worth more than anyone bargained for-"

"Could I buy you both a drink?" Burr offered suddenly.

"That would be nice," I responded before Alex could ramble more.

"While we're at it let me offer you some free advice, Talk less,"

"What?" I asked incredulously.

"Smile more, don't let them know what you're against or what you're for."

I let out a snort while Alex hung on every word.

"You can't be serious," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"You wanna get ahead?"

"Yes!" Alex said excitedly.

"Fools who run their mouths oft wind up dead," Burr warned.

I ruckus emerged when a group of men burst through the doors

"Yo yo yo yo yo! What time is it!" One of the men asked.

"Show time!" The others chorused.

"Like I said," Burr said with an eye roll.

"Show time! Show time! What!"

My eyes focused on the man with freckles and bushy hair.

"Im John Laurens in the place to be! Two pints o' Sam Adams, but i'm working on three, uh! Those red coats don't wanna with me! Cuz I will pop chick-a pop these cops till i'm free!" The an I now knew as John Laurens exclaimed.

I looked away and blushed as he winked at me. Alexander stood by my side watching them as I was.

"Oui oui, mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette! The Lancelot of the revolutionary set! I came from afar just to say Bonsoir! Tell the King Casse toi! Who's the best? C'est Moi!" The Frenchmen bragged.

"Brrrah brraaah! I am Hercules Mulligan! Up in it! Lovin it! Yes I heard ya mother say come again!"
I let out a laugh and looked at Alexander who smiled at me.

"Lock up ya daughters and horses, of course it's hard to have intercourse through four sets of courses,"
"Wow," Lafayette laughed.

"No more sex! Pour me another brew, son! Lets raise a couple more!
Laurens started as a waitress refilled their drinks/

"To the revolution!" They hollered.

"Would you like to meet them?" Burr asked.

Alex and I looked at him wide eyed.

He smiled and began to walk over, and we trailed along like puppies.

"Well if it ain't the prodigy of Princeton College," Laurens exclaimed, raising his beer in greeting.

"Aaron burr!" Mulligan mocked.

"Spin us a verse, drop some knowledge!" Laurens laughed.

"Good luck with that: Ya takin a stand, you spit. I'm a' sit. We'll see where we land," Burr smirked like he won something.

"Boo!!!" The boys called.

"Burr, the revolution's imminent. What do you stall for?" Lauren questioned.

"If you stand for nothing Burr, what'll you fall for!" Alexander asked, seemingly innocent.

I knew better and let out a giggle.

"Who? Who is this kid what's he gonna do?" They asked.

I blushed and stood next to Alexander. Great now he gets to ramble some more...