Ch 54.) Schuyler Defeated

Angelica and I were lounging on the balcony of the Schuyler Estate both of us taking in the quiet of the rural area. Our Peace was interrupted when Phillip and Adrienne came rushing to our sides, Phillip shaking the paper in his hands.
"Look! Grandpa's in the paper! "War hero Philip Schuyler loses senate seat to young upstart Aaron Burr" " Phillip read, out loud as He flopped the paper down onto the table between us.
My head shot in his direction. Burr? He was in the opposite party! How did he get Senator Schuylers seat!
"Grandpa just lost his seat in the senate," Phillip said sadly.
"Sometimes that's how it goes," Angelica reasoned.
"Daddy's gonna find out any minute," He said, Adrienne nodding along just to agree with her favorite cousin.
"I'm sure he already knows," I groaned, knowing this was going to upset him.
The news was rather upsetting to me as well.
"Further down, Further down," Philip and Angelica said his mother looking over at the paper curiously.
"He switched parties," Angelica said, with a confused voice, but then shook her head and going back to her tea and book.
"Angelica! Isn't this bothering you! He switched parties to deliberately run against your father!" I said shocked that she was just letting this go so easily.
"We are on vacation," She shrugged, settling back into her chair.
"But-"
"No buts! You decided to come with us! If you wanted to work you could have stayed with Alexander, but you came with us to relax! This can wait until we go home. I'm not going to think about any politics or politicians while we are here. I suggest you do the same Giovanna," She said sending me a pointed look.
I sighed but submitted to her wishes.
"You're right Angel. Relaxation...A desperate need," I said, folding the paper and handing it back to my nephew, before shooing him and my daughter away.
"Go play, no more paper Philip Alexander. You as Well Adrienne Rachel," I said sternly.
They nodded and left us, i glanced at the paper once more before leaning back in my chair and closing my eyes, soaking up the summer sun. trying to keep my mind from wandering.