Ch. 47.) Sibling spat

"Angelica," Was all Alexander said before stalking to his office.
I hung my head when She glanced at me curiously as we both followed him. Alexander closed and locked the door behind us.
I stood in the middle of the room, feeling as if on trial.
"What is going on you two?" Angelica finally asked.
"Where you ever going to tell me?" Alexander demanded.
"Of course! But I knew you were going to react like this! I'm not a child Alexander! I'm your OLDER sister! I can make my own decisions!" I said tightly.
"You're still my sister! My sister going around and locking lips with my enemy!" Alexander spat.
"Oh my god! Everyone is your enemy! You never acted this way with John!" I accused.
"I'll ask one last time, What is going on," Angelica's voice broke our intense staring contest.
"Paris Thomas is Thomas Jefferson!" Alexander said, pointing at me.
"Yes? I knew this?" Angelica said confused.
"We reconciled while I was in Virginia." I admitted.
"I caught them in his office!" Alexander hissed, glaring at me.
"That's wonderful!" Angelica said gleefully, rushing forward to hug me.
"What!" Alexander and I exclaimed.
"Alexander, I understand you are trying to protect her. Do you remember how depressed she was when those letters stopped coming." Angelic said, walking over to her husband and gripped his arm.
"It broke my heart," Alexander whispered.
"Exactly, you wouldn't want her to go back to that Giovanna. I think we all despised her. She is happy. For the first time, in a long long time. Let her be happy." Angelica said and kissed his cheek before leaving us alone.
I had a tear rolling down my cheek, that was stopped and wiped away by Alexander.
"Im sorry Gia." He whispered, "I don't want to lose you, Especially not to Jefferson," He admitted.
I immediately wrapped my arms around him and sobbed.
"I can't lose you because of this but I love him Alex. It hurt how much I love him. He looks at me like you look at Angel, and that's all i've wanted for longer than you could possibly know," I said.
Alexander hugged me tighter.
"If this is what you want Gigi. Then it's what I want for you," He said slowly.
I let out breath I didn't know I was holding and I felt my body tremble in excitement.
"I love you Alexander," I whispered.
He buried his face in my hair.
"I love you more Gigi," He mumbled.
"Impossible," I giggled, and kissed his head.
We pulled away from each other and he smiled brightly at me.
In that moment I knew everything was going to be alright.