Ch 5,) The Schuyler Sisters

I woke early in the morning, sunlight barely streaming through the window. I plucked one of my few dresses and changed applying light makeup. I had dreamed about Laurens last night, as if his kind eyes and infectious smile lulled my mind to sleep peacefully. I stepped out into the living room and found Alexander asleep on the couch and Lafayette sprawled on the floor. I giggled softly before going to fetch a few extra blankets. I lifted Lafayette's head and pushed a pillow under it. He was dead to the world as I covered him with a light blanket. I did the same for Alexander only he stirred away slightly.

"Hush Alex, go back to sleep," I whispered, tucking the blanket tighter around him.

"Where ya goin," He mumbled sleepily.

"Just for a walk, I won't be long. Sleep Alex, you need it," I whispered, smoothing his hair back from his forehead.

He nodded and snuggled into the couch, I placed a kiss on his forehead before going out the doors. I took a deep breath of the morning air before going downtown. I stared longingly at some dresses in the window. I heard the bickering of siblings and I looked over to see a trio of women walking towards me.

"The Schuyler Sisters," Someone whispered excitedly.

"Daddy said to be home by sundown!" the youngest exclaimed.

"Daddy doesn't need to know," The eldest laughed, shrugging off her sisters complaint.

The younger stomped her foot and stopped in her tracks

"Daddy said not to go down town,"

The middle rolled her eyes and turned to her sister

"Like I said you're free to go," She said pinching the others cheeks.

The eldest stopped and turned to embrace her siblings.

"But---Look around, look around the revolutions happening in New York!"

The trio strode past me and one of them accidently bumped into me

"Oh! I'm sorry," The youngest apologizes immediately.

"It's alright, no harm done," I said.

"Peggy Schuyler," She introduced.

"Gia Hamilton," I curtsied.

"Oh, there's no need for that!" Peggy exclaimed

I gave her a shy smile.

"Pegs? Oh, hello! I didn't realize Peggy had made a friend! Angelica Schuyler, this is our other sister Eliza," The eldest smiled warmly.

"Giovanna Hamilton,"

"Beautiful name!" Angelica compliment making me blush.

"Are you out here by yourself?" Peggy asked.

"Oh, yeah...I was just out for a walk,"

"Well you're joining us," Peggy said immediately, linking arms with me.

"Well it appears you have no choice," Angelica laughed. "I thought you didn't want to go down town Pegs" Angelica teased.

"Ms.Hamilton changed my mind." Peggy said sticking her tongue out.

"It's bad enough daddy wants to go to war," Peggy said, initiating their earlier conversation.

"People shouting in the square!" Eliza agreed.

"It's bad enough there'll be violence on our shores," Peggy sighed.

"New ideas in the air," I countered.

Angelica beamed at me and tugged me up along side her.

"Look around, look around!" Angelica exclaimed.

"Angelica, remind me what we're looking for..." Eliza said exasperatedly.

Angelica paused and turned to poke her sister on the nose.

"Eliza, I'm lookin' for a mind at work,"

"Good morning ladies," I heard a familiar voice call.

I turned to see Aaron Burr striding towards us. We all groaned and tried to walk faster.

"There's nothin' like summer in the city, Someone in a rush next to someone lookin' pretty. Excuse me, miss, I know it's not funny, But your perfume smells like your daddy's got money." I scoffed as he flirted with Angelica.

Her sister put their hands on their hips and glared. Burr turned his attention to me.

"Why you slummin' in the city in your fancy heels? You searchin for an urchin who can give you ideals?"

I laughed loudly and pushed past him.

"Burr, you disgust me," Angelica snarked.

"Ah, so you've discussed me! I'm a trust fund, baby, you can trust me!" Burr said leaning a bit too close.

I stepped between and pushed him away.

"I've been reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine, So men say that I'm intense or I'm insane. You want a revolution? I want a revelation! So listen to my declaration: "We hold these truths to be self-evident That all men are created equal, And when I meet Thomas Jefferson, I'm 'a compel him to include women in the sequel!" Angelica Exclaimed

"Work!" We exclaimed, laughing and leaving Burr with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now! History is happening in Manhattan and we just happen to be In the greatest city in the world!" Eliza said excitedly

"Angelica!" she said tossing an arm around Eliza

Eliza tossed her arm around Angelica.

"Eliza"

"And Peggy!" She giggle bursting between them.

"The Schuyler Sisters!" I laughed, as they pulled me into their hug.