Ch 27.) Adrienne De Lafayette

Lafayette had his arm securely around my waist as he lead me off of the boat. I was in complete awe of Lafayette's' home. Chavaniac-Lafayette. It was everything he had described and more.

"Come Mon Bourdon. I'm more than ready to head home," Lafayette murmured, guiding through the crowds of people.

The carriage ride was short and my jaw dropped.

"Alright, I knew you had a rich family, but I was not told that you lived in a castle!" I gasped out.

I may or may not have been bouncing in my seat like an excitable three-year-old. I had never seen anything like this. The stone walls reached high into the sky and was surrounded by a gorgeous garden. The carriage slowed to a halt and Lafayette helped me out of the carriage.

"Mon Amour!" A voice called.

"Mon Ange," Lafayette laughed, spinning the woman who launched into his arms.

"I'm so happy to have you home," She smiled happily, kissing him.

Lafayette was the happiest I had seen him in a long time. All traces of wear and stress flooding his features. It was a radiating love that made me feel all giddy inside. The woman looked over his shoulder and gasped, rushing over and pulled me into a hug.

"You must be Madam Hamilton," She gushed.

"Just Giovanna," I begged, returning the hug.

"I am Marie Adrienne Françoise de Noailles, Marquise de Lafayette," She said proudly. "But just call me Adrienne," She said linking arms with me as if we were lifelong friends.

"It is an absolute please to meet you, Adrienne," I smiled.

She lead me through the front hall and into what I assumed to be the lounge.

"I want to thank you for bringing my husband home safe." She said.

"Of course. Although, I'm sure he saved my life more times than not." I laughed.

"Oh, i'm sure. My dear husband has quite the heroic streak," She laughed fondly.

"So, tell me about your life, My dear Giovanna! Is there anyone waiting for you back home?" Adrienne asked, pouring a glass of wine for the three of us.

"Dear-"

I cut Lafayette off.

"It's fine Laff," I said, sipping the wine. "No, My dear Madame de Lafayette. Just my brother and sister in law. Soon my Nephew," I responded.

"Aw! Well! There's are many eligible men here in France, Perhaps the country of love will work its wonders," She smiled.

I turned to look at Lafayette who had a fond smile on his face as he stared at his wife.

"You weren't kidding about her being a hopeless romantic," I laughed.

We sat together and talked for a long while until my yawn interrupted our conversation.

"Bourdon, I believe it is time for you to sleep." Lafayette started, taking my hand and leading me upstairs to one of the guest bedrooms. "We have plenty of work ahead of us tomorrow. We are to meet the new Foreign minister," Lafayette said.

He kissed my forehead and turned to leave when I called out to him.

"Lafayette, Thank you for bringing me into your home.Adrienne is one of the most wonderful ladies I have ever met For the distraction...I appreciate it a lot," I said.

"You deny yourself so much mon Petit Bourdon, and you deserve so much," He smiled, kissing my hand. "Goodnight my dear,"

"Goodnight Laff," I smiled.

I sucked in a sharp breath as I took in the room. The bed was huge compared to what I was used to. I flung myself into the bed and snuggled into a pillow, quickly falling into a deep dreamless sleep.