Ch 41.) A letter to Lafayette

Three months...Three months of dealing with Jefferson. Three months of being somewhat happy. My heart was still longing for the man I had left behind in Paris. The same man who regretfully hasn't answered my letters in three months, breaking my heart bit by bit. I sighed and pulled out my pen deciding to write to Lafayette, to distract me from myself.

My dearest Lafayette,

How is my favorite frenchman. It has been far too long since our last correspondence. I know that you are wondering how Alexander and I are. In response we are wonderful. I now have another niece, Angelica. And no my silly romantic, I have yet to meet someone who catches my fancy, since I met Thomas. He seemed to be the only one who could take my mind off of John...

Alexander and I were lucky enough to have meet the illustrious Thomas Jefferson. If you can not detect my blatant sarcasm let me expand upon the subject. The man is an absolute horror Laff! I have no idea how you dealt with him. I can barely be in the same room with the pompous purple prick for more than ten minutes. It seems as if he feels the same for he can't keep his misogynistic words to himself.

I do miss Paris and often find myself lost in thoughts about the views and sunrises. I wish dearly to see you Mon Amie! How is your dear wife! I miss her as well. I do hope your side of the revolution is going well. But, enough about me and my woes. How are you! How is little Hercules and Georges! I told Father and Mulligan about them and herc nearly cried. I do hope he wrote to you to express his gratitude! How are things with the revolution?

With love and happiness,

Your petit bourdon

Giovanna Hamilton