Ch 53.) Take A Break

It had been three months an I had simply refused to go home, speak to, or even open Thomas' letters. I didn't want to hear any of his pathetic excuses.
I was lounging around the living room when there was a rapid knocking on the door.
I placed my copy of Common Sense on the table and met Angelica by the doors, Baby Angelica on her hip.
"Angelica! Giovanna!" Eliza's voice cried.
"Eliza!" We both cried, wrapping her in tight hug.
"I've missed you so!" We all shouted together, laughing when we looked at each other.
"The Schuyler sisters," Alexander teased.
"Ouch, no welcome for me!" Peggy called from the porch.
"PEGGY SCHUYLER!" I cried and raced towards the youngest sister.
"GIOVANNA HAMILTON!" She laughed.
"All my favorite girls," Alexander smiled as we rushed him in a hug.
"Daddy!" Little Angelica whined.
"Eliza tell this man, John Adams spends the summers with his family," Angelica said, giving him her best puppy eyes.
"Eliza tell my wife John Adams doesn't have a real job anyways," Alexander said, kissing her cheek.
"You're not joining us?" Eliza asked.
"Wait what?" Peggy said tight-lipped.
"Im afraid I can not join you upstate," Alexander said.
"Alexander we came all this way!" Peggy pouted.
"They came all this way!" I egged the youngest sister on.
I wanted Alexander to Join us on our holiday, I even got Thomas to take a few days off.
"You know I have to get my plan through Congress...I lose my job if we don't get this plan through Congress," Alexander sighed, running a hand through his hair.
"Take a break," I whispered, begging him.
He needed this break desperately. Between work and the children. I was worried. His eyes were constantly bloodshot and the circles under his eyes kept getting darker and darker.
"I have to get my plan through congress. I can't stop till I get my plan through congress." He sighed and walked away back towards his study.
My eyes trailed after him, my worry increasing as I watched the unfamiliar stress posture.
I sighed and looked back at the three sisters who shared my sad and troubled expression.