T h i r t e e n

Sorry guys , I haven't been able to update in awhile . My exams were going on actually , are still going on .

Warning : Long Chapter 

***

Harry

I was finishing up cleaning  the last table I had to do and taking up plates bringing them to the kitchen . My eyes had not left the clock since I left Betty's Cafe. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. Their were so many criteria  such as experience , education and innovative ideas I never considered before applying to this job .

I am now not that confident about ever getting this job . I thought being a nanny would be the easiest job with no degree whatsoever. But today I realised it is one difficult job , it shouldn't be taken lightly . The worried look on Niall's face shot at me that I will be responsible for his two kids, I will be influencing them because I will be with them for the most of the day if not week .

I can't imagine with what strength parents hand their kids to the caretaker , you never know what values and beliefs  a person could teach your child . I am not so sure a guy , an inexperienced guy like me would get this job . And on top of that I didn't even have the best education .

But I am not that bad , right ? I can fairly speak well , know my grammar well and maths is not that hard . At least I am A1 in the kids department . Loading the dishes in the sink I glanced at the click in the kitchen wall just above the doors , it was 6:30 , more half hour to go .

After I left Betty's cafe I came directly to the diner for three reasons. A) I didn't want to go to my house ,didn't fancied running into father . B) It was the matter of One hour or so , there was really no point going that much distance to my house and again walking till the newspaper booth . C)And if I worked for sometime, my leave would be not considered and I will get paid only time basis , which is good enough for me instead of no money .

  Also , the diner was relatively at short distance to the stand , it will be faster to reach . I had a word with my boss about the prospects of having the job by the night and he had agreed to keep my paycheck ready after I officially resign. It was a bittersweet moment as I had become attached to my boss .

I had a fair idea the call will not reach exactly at 7.Niall will let the agency know his decision by 7 which will take them around 10 minutes to finalise and another 5 minutes to call umm Zayn . Now , I just hope Zayn will call Josh as early as possible .

A loud voice brings me out of my thinking state. A voice I have come to be familiar with me , of course my boss .

He was standing at the threshold of the kitchen ,a small towel  in his hands cleaning them with and a tied tightly to the waist. Although he has chef he himself cooks sometimes for the customers . He loves to cook and  be their in kitchen . It makes him feel alive , he says.

His hair is sticking in all direction ,sweat decorating his forehead and neck . He has a tired look as if he has not slept in a week or two . Although he has tired face ,sweat covering face and slum posture , tilting on the door, his eyes are bright . His smile reaching from corner to corner teeth showing .Their is an innocent gleeful look and an encouraging expression as he says.

"It's ten minutes to seven , your call is waiting for you ."oh my  ,I forgot . I dash out of the diner quickly grabbing my bag shouting a bye to my boss.

Before I know I slowed my once fast pace to the booth taking deep breathe. Its just 7 , Niall must be talking to the agency . He must be telling if I am good enough for the job , good enough for his kids and I hope he says yes because its only three week , two and half before the end of the month . And as far my father is concerned he will demand for the cash in next week .