f o r t y

Harry Styles

I walked slowly after I realized Niall isn't going to come and get me. His words floating in my head and roaring in my ear.

My tears are all dried up as I walk down the street. I have no idea where I am going but at this point I don't even care.

Father was right, I am good for nothing and I don't deserve to be happy. I can make no one happy so everyone leaves me. Just like my mom did and now Niall....

I think I walked a mile as I come on the street I have never seen before. My mind and body is numb. I look at my phone every now and then expecting for it to ring, for Niall to call me and take me back.

I don't understand how such a beautiful morning turn into one big nightmare in matter of hours.

I know I did Niall wrong. I understand him as a parent, he would be furious with me. But I never thought...never thought...

I sit on a rock by the road as tears blurry my vision. Just when I am about to breakdown yet again my phone starts to ring and my hammers so badly that I almost drop the phone while picking it up.

Quickly I place the device on my ear ready-almost begging and praying to god to hear his voice.

My heart defleats when its not him. It's not my Niall. I am about to pull the phone down, when a very panicked voice urges me to reply, to not keep the phone down. And I then  listen "Harry, where are you?!"

"Harry! Are you there! Please, reply. I am so freaking worried. I swear to god I am going to punch Niall -"

His name, breaks something in my heart and I quickly shake my head, my mind zeroing on Zayn's words for the first time since I picked up his call. His voice is frantic, incredulous as if he can't believe what the hell happened and I feel like snorting at him as I say 'well welcome on the boat, buddy'.

Only my words are stuck in my head, just as every other word Niall didnt let me speak.

I clear my throat as I think Zayn is himself about to pass out.

"Umm.. Dont say anything to him"

And I don't know why those words leave me. It's involuntary and I realize they are true. I don't want him blaming him, no he was right I was in the wrong.

"Thank God. I thought for once... Chuck it. Where are you Harry?? I am coming to get you"

I am about to deny him but then I realize I have nowhere to go anyways. I can't go to my house and since I have no other work place, I have no idea where...so I reply to him, looking around me.

"Um.. I-I don't know. I started walking...... and, um-lost myself" I reply feeling my cheeks turn red with embarrassment as I replied. What a daft I am!

Zayn on the other decides to breathe unlike laughing on me as I feel like currently doing, only it is in my mind as my body just feels tired to even move an inch.

"Okay. Just look around and tell me what you see. Any shops, restaurants, Cafe or park or anything at all."

I nod my head forgetting he is on the phone. All I have around me are the trees and cars driving past me from the side. At a distance I see some people and shops aligned. A breathe leaves my lips, surprising me as I didn't know I was holding one before.

I quickly call out a "one minute" into the receiver and hurry my legs to the curve of the road were the chain of ships starts. I read the first board I see

"Uh- D-Dash?"

"I have no idea where that shop is. Read another one. Something very popular and come."

I snort at Zayn's reply as if I know what is new or popular. I still do as he says, listing down some big boards, in case must have as he normal.

After about a five minutes Zayn gets an idea where the hell I am and asks me to be where I am or go into the shop, he will be coming to get me.

I don't know  how much time had passed as I waited on the footpath (side of the road) for Zayn before a car pulled up in front of me. And after that everything was a blur as I threw myself in his arms as he rounded the car towards me,as he sat me in the seat and as we reached in his apartment.

I looked up as he called my name for the second time since meeting me. My eyes travelled to the glass in front of me and gratefully took the drink and sipped it as I listened to him murmur and curse as he paced in front of me. As much as I wanted to tell him to stop, that its making me dizzy watching him I didn't. I didn't have any strength left to speak anything much as reply his varied ideas of 'fixing' it.

"I think... Harry let's go"

Those words brought me out of my daze. My eyes widened at him as I asked "What? Where?"

Only worrying at his next words

"To that daft bastard. C'mon we are going and I will talk some sense into him-" I cut him off biting my lip as he cursed, looking incredulously at me and I only explained to him, or tried to but all that came out of my mouth is one single word

"No"

"Hun?" he halts in his steps looking at me as a wide panic filled in me just on the prospect of seeing Niall again.

"He doesnt want me there" I said, trying to be as monotonous, as calm as possible but my voice defined anything but.

"Harry?" Zayn sighed crunching down before me. I smiled tiredly at his hand that layed on my thigh. I put my hand on his trying to calm myself as well him.

"I - I am tired Zayn. Can I please sleep" I smiled slightly feeling the my mumbled words become true as I felt fatigue building up in me as my eyes grew tired, I felt myself murmuring "Only for a while"

"Okay but after that we are going" he said his voice stern and with purpose but I didn't react at all.

"come with me" I got up as he took my hand in his and dragged me, rather sluggishly towards the room I presumed.

In no time I found myself sliding into the bed and my covers being placed over me. I caught his hand as he was about to turn away, smiling at him slightly as I said "Thanks Zee", hoping he understands that I am truly.

"Go to sleep. Everything will be alright" he said and I felt a pressure on my forehead afterwards as I fell into a dreamless sleep hoping that he forgets all about meeting Niall.

***

a/n

Here is ghe new chapter.
Share your thoughts on the story. Previously I had planned on making a sequel for this one. But now I have two options I can't decide on ~~~

One. To make a part two here only.

Two. To just continue this story as it is

But whatever I decide, this book is going to be one big book as I am slightly changing the plot and mixing up the sequel
I will be publishing a new story tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much I write. So, keep a look out on that 👁️
I know,  I know I should not be putting up new stuff if I haven't finished the old one but the story is just bubbling out of me!

Sorry again for being so away, currently I will be uploading only precious and this one. And also the new one.

Thoughts on the story so far!
Love
Ri x