f o r t y - s i x

Niall Horan

"Who are you?"Nikki's shrill voice snaps me out of my stare. I look at her before my eyes snap at Harry's as he flushes a little, clearing his throat about to answer her but I cut in knowing he will introduce me as his nanny.

" I am-"

" He is with me." I turn to face Nikki ignoring the gaping look Harry gives me and start shifting on my couch, creating space for him.

"as??"

"I am their nan-" he goes but I almost get up jumping in

"He is my boyfriend. Come on sit babe, sorry we started without you" I flash him a real smile, hoping he will understand, he will play along. He is not my boyfriend, at least not yet if he accepts me back. I want to say so much to him, want to apologize so badly for my behavior towards him but I know now is not the time for this.

He gulps lightly taking off the napkin as I dish out some food in his plate.

"I always knew-" Nikki starts in not do friendly tone, her voice coming more like a jab but she is cut off by Louis who is about to bounce out from his chair at the site of Harry.

"Hazzy! You eat?" he asks cutely showing his spoon to Harry, his food all falling down in the plate. Harry chuckle lightly taking his spoon away from him and cleaning up the mess he made, making his spoonful himself .

My smile widens as I hear Harry answer him sweetly, the way he has always been with my babies

"Yes, Louis"

"I want ice-cream. You too?" Louis shouts slapping his hand,almost making the spoon slip out of his hand his eyes locked on Harry's as he grins widely giving Harry a look, a look we all are far too aware of. He always looks with that shine in his eyes if he wants something.  

" Not now sweetheart, after the meal. Here, try this.." Harry say chuckling before pushing the spoon towards his lips nudging for him to open his mouth that he does gladly.

"We will surely have ice-cream Lou and Liam will also have one" I chime in smiling at first Lou and then at Liam who has a small smile on his face which quickly turns into frown, his eyes on me as he slaps my arm.

"Daddy I want to sit with Hazzy too. Only Louis gets" Liam says loudly, shocking me a little. Liam is calm, silent, his voice never loud. He likes to stay silent, always putting his 'please' and never like this, demanding.

"You sit with Daddy now and then after you finish you can sit with Harry, okay?" I rub his back soothingly as I promise, not wanting him to be stressed or worst  cry.

"But -" he mumbles out his bottom lip wobbles a little and I brace myself for the tears to come only to be surprised as Harry speaks

"Liam. We will eat ice-cream together okay. I will come to sit by you"

"Otay. Hazzy! Promise?" he smiles making my heart flutter and also the guilt bubble in me for pushing Harry away.

"Promise what?" I ask not having a clue were he was going with this.

"Sit with me later?" he looks at Harry asking softly and I can't believe my son is being so adorable right now,not that he is not adorable always. He is just being so cute showing his pinkie to Harry as he can't reach him.

"Sure bud, only if you finish everything fast." Harry smiles taking out his pinkie and wiggling it at Liam making the boy chuckle loudly.

"Whose Hazzy? His name is Harry -" Nikki speaks out of the blue and I look at her, I almost forgot she was here with us. I feel the anger bubbling in me as she is being annoying me for quite some time now. But before I can say anything Harry speaks