o n e

Niall

Right now all my concentration is on getting my mobile from my young one's hand as safely as possible . He has already lick the screen like some candy and dropped the device almost ten tines. And as a concerned parent I know that doesn't come anywhere near hygiene. But the only problem is he is not ready to give me. He thinks it's a game to say no to whatever daddy says or asks.

And apparently he is winning as I am the worst player of  all the time. You see the moment I take it from him I am 1000% sure he will cause a ruckus. It will hurt me to see my son sad but what will hurt more when the other one wakes up.

That one is the definition of ruckus and I am happy he is asleep.

Now , that I think about it,  maybe they have twin telepathic communication .Hmmm....they might have planned this, let one sleep and the other gets whatever he wants.

Or maybe it is just me because they are not identical . For sakes , you get my point . Good , if no then what the hell ?! I dunt have time to explain to your confused assess.

My thoughts are interrupted by a soft cheering voice waving my mobile in his hands as he bounces on his bump.

"Daa dada!!" I smile at him at that and he realises that as he goes with more "daa daa "  . He is just learning to speak and the only words he has managed so far are "daa daa" meaning dad , that will be me and "Lou",  of which I am extremely proud .

I take his smile and giggle as my only chance as I scoop him up swiftly in my arms , making him giggle louder than before. They turn into whimpers and I know sooner they will turn into full blown wails . I sigh pushing my mobile inside my sweat pocket.

I tightly hug him and sway side to side hoping to calm him down  , its his bed past time he is going to be cranky " Shh ... Baby ....there there.....dont cry Liam " I shush him , his whimpers now turning to hiccups as he latches on my shoulder . I breathe a sigh of relief.

Today is my lucky day I guess ,  cause any other night this ends up with me sitting on my bed with two crying babies in the middle of the night.

And that's scary , scarier than a clown under the bed or behind the door. Today has been already too much for me, I went to work getting this two ready and then came home cooked, played with them and cleaned them. Then laid out some papers I have to work on not before putting Louis to bed. I had left Liam be as he was not in the mood to sleep and I was not going to fight him.

One down and one to go is always better than two awake and crying every now and then.

I realised my mistake the moment I accidently stepped inside my room. Lights were on , my work papers spread on the rightside bed and Louis on the left side. Liam has always been sensitive to the light and will not sleep even in dim lights or one corner light on. Liam moved in my arms , turning his head side to side and I took that as my cue to leave.

I didn't bothered to switch on the light as I walked straight up to kids room right next to me one room down. I put Liam in his side of the crib.

His eyes were closed but he was still fighting to stay awake not wanting to let go of me. I sighed as I sat down near the crib and pulled him in my lap. I brushed aside his fringe as he looked at me , his eyes sparkling from the light coming from the window. I smiled at him pressing soft kises on his checks and temple .

" Not sleepy yet , not sleepy are you ?" I started in my baby voice as he started giggling . "Do you want daddy to sing ? Do you ? Yes you do , yes you do "

With my left hand I made his bed pushing aside blankets as I started singing to him hoping by some miracle Louis  to be still asleep . I had some pending work to do as I had took a day's leave last week and it had piled up till now.

His eyes began to close and after two minutes little snores escaped his nose. I gently laid him down and left the room not before panting a soft kiss on his temple .

***

a/n

Sorry guys, this story got unpublished accidentally. Thank god it didn't get deleted *whoosh*.
So I am uploading it again, doing some minor spell checks :)

Have fun!

Love
Ri x