Chapter Four - Master of disguises

​Chapter Four- Master of disguises

Okay, so a quick explanation. There is the main Palace, which is extremely large, that is the Eondeog Mun Central Palace. Within it, there are other mini Palaces. The King resides in the Sky Palace, the Sun Palace belongs to the legitimate Prince, the Moon Palace to the Queen, et cetera. So any palace that has a name other than Eondeog Mun Palace, or Central Palace, is a mini Palace, or a branch Palace.

.

Three days later...

The Eondeog Mun Palace, The Sky Palace(The King's Palace)

Jang Tae Yong, King of Eondeog Mun, stretched his arm out of his bed-chamber window, at the eagle's call. It was the dark hours of the morning and he watched as a glorious, golden brown eagle landed on his arm, shaking its feathers after it's long journey.

"You've come, Sigan (Time)." He said fondly, petting the eagle, which preened under his attention. The King untied a small tube from the eagle's leg, then set the eagle down on a golden perch. It immediately started eating and drinking water from two small bowls.

The king sat down behind his table, opened the little tube, and pulled out a small cloth parchment. He opened it, then read it twice. It was news from his friend, Kim Dae Hyeon, the retired Head of Military. Dae Hyeon had sent him word on a popular vigilante, nicknamed 'Blue Bird'. The King and Dae Hyeon supported his actions, but too many nobles wanted his head, so they kept their support secret. He held the scroll to the flame of his candle and watched it burn.

Blue Bird the vigilante, was also someone both of them knew, and apparently, he was about to walk into a trap. The King took out some fresh parchment, tore of a small bit and wrote a reply. He rolled it up, put it into the small tube and whistled. Sigan, the eagle, swooped down gracefully to his desk. He tied the tube to the eagle's leg and went over to the window to release it. Then he watched it soar away, becoming smaller and smaller in the distance.

He closed the window and went back to his desk, where he began to plan for what seemed like another long day...

.

The Grand Prince's house...

The day of the wager was here, and Tae Jun, the 'antagonist', was about to leave the compound and go into hiding so the 'protagonists',  Ju Won and Do Young could go and look for him...

...At least this was the way Da Yeong viewed things.

Everybody else viewed it a bit differently. Tae Jun, secretly of course, saw it as a way to stop at least one bad marriage.

Chun Hwa saw it as entertainment- and a way out of an unplanned marriage, and Ju Won simply accepted the challenge.

There had been several rules, of course.

The Prince could only hide in one place throughout the day.

It would be somewhere they were allowed to enter.

It would be in the central town, so it would not be too far. Tae Jun stepped out of the gates, the household servants and guards cheering him on.

Kim Do Young and Lee Ju Won were to follow after thirty minutes had passed, to find him. Humming a song to himself, he went into the town. He knew he was going to enjoy the day...

.

Noon, Gwang Guk market place...

Ju Won and Da Yeong had split up and met again several times. They had employed this strategy since morning, so they could cover more ground, but to no avail. They had searched everywhere worth searching, even entering the Gyobang- it was Da Yeong's first time- but they had not found the Prince.