Chapter Fifty- Leaving

​Chapter Fifty- Leaving

.

The Central Palace, Gwang Guk...

The Grand Priest stood before the King, bowing slightly, still refusing to bow fully.

"Jeonha, things will be a little different this time. To begin with, I believe the being behind the fifth gate has become stronger, and so the deities are weaker." He paced before the King.

"The four hills, which you have sent men to watch, remain unoccupied so far. This must mean the deities have chosen to remain with their families. The fact that they have not forgotten their past must mean they are more like humans this time. They have weaknesses."

"It would appear so. Don't you think we should give them a warning? Send men to Lord Choi's household first."

"Ye, Jeonha." Seong Su Min smiled. Even in this life, he had been possessed by the shadow again...

.

Lord Choi's household, Nam Guk...

The deities found themselves back in Chun Hwa's room, each of them in a different frame of mind.

There was a very long silence.

Da Yeong and Hye Yeon had tears in their eyes...

Hye Yeon had a look of disbelief, while Da Yeong had a determined look on her face.

Tae Jun was a cross between disbelief, resignation and dark anger.

Chun Hwa felt these things as well, but for once, he chose to break the uncomfortable silence.

He turned to Tae Jun in shock.

"Wah! So someone rigid like you could pull smooth moves on Lady Hayan?!"

Tae Jun shot him an intimidating look, but Hye Yeon had started giggling through her tears.

Da Yeong had turned a shade of red that was now familiar to them.

"Ahem." Tae Jun shut the book. "We should focus on what is important here-."

Chun Hwa grabbed his hand.

"Ha! You mean instead of focusing on your secret forbidden love? 'O-ra-beo-'?"

"I don't want to be called that by you!" Tae Jun wrenched his hand away and hit him with the book, then faced them seriously.

"No single person here wants to leave the lives we have lived, but knowing Sang Yoo Jin, he will try to use our families against us." 

"Ye." Chun Hwa had become serious again. "We should all return to our places first." He added. "I suspect Sang Yoo Jin will be watching the hills. The effect won't be immediate, but when his men report to him, he will assume we have forgotten our families."

"Lord Paran is really the deity of knowledge." Da Yeong said. "We should also tell our families to act like they have forgotten us, but there is one problem."

"Lord Choi is in the Capital." Tae Jun finished and they all turned to face Chun Hwa.

Tae Jun stood up. "You should go at once. We don't know what Sang Yoo Jin is planning, but he will certainly fix his eyes on Lord Choi-."

Chun Hwa had vanished.

.

The Hidden temple, Nam Guk...

Kim Dae Hyeon was staring murderously at Joo Chung Jae.

He hadn't been Da Yeong's father in that life, still the thought of anyone plunging a sword into her, or anyone who looked like her, made him seriously want to eliminate-!