Chapter Fifty Eight- Sins

Chapter Fifty Eight - Sins

A little earlier...

Outside the Palace...

Chin Suh sat waiting, a bit impatiently, as their plans unfolded within the Palace.

He had tried to pass the barrier surrounding the Palace, but as expected, he couldn't.

He could feel the presence of Seong Su Min within the Palace.

The same presence that had destroyed the deities, and led to the fall of Eondoeg Mun, a hundred and fifty years ago.

The same presence that had imprisoned him for decades, long before there was an Eondeog Mun...

It was with a large amount of pleasure that he felt Seong Su Min's presence get swallowed away by the dark aura of the dead magical body.

Then they themselves vanished, and he couldn't feel them anymore.

This meant the part of the Shadow which possessed Seong Su Min, would move to Sang Yoo Jin and awaken fully.

It was time for him to move!

.

The Moon Palace...

Sang Yoo Jin was caught in a mental battle... He was barely himself.

He possessed the power he always wanted, but there was something wrong.

Rather than give him strength, it was trying to consume him!

He could feel himself slipping away into a dark abyss.

As clear as day, he realized that he had also been used by the Shadow. It sought to completely consume him, living with his body.

Sang Yoo Jin fought it off.

He fought against the oppressive presence that seeped into him, refusing to believe that he would be swallowed up, losing himself completely.

"No!" He stood up, but his whole body seized up, and he fell to floor with a thud.

The contents of his table scattered across the floor.

Where were the guards and eunuchs? Why didn't they come running?

Then the reality hit him.

'They can't hear me...' His body was released and he got up hastily, heading for the doors, but...

'Know your place.' A voice mocked him, and it was as if he was surrounded by demons.

He stopped suddenly, turning in frantic circles, as dark smoky shadows floated around him. They whispered in his ears mockingly, breaking his resolve...

'You could have remained King twice, but both opportunities were destroyed by your own greed...'

'Ani.' Another voice. 'Both times, you were not even the legitimate heir.'

'Now you seek to control a power far beyond you...' Another voice.

'You seek to control the very first deity...' Another voice.

'Know your place...' Another voice.

They slithered around him, repeating their words, their voices overlapping, hammering at his very soul.

He collapsed to the ground in defeat. There was no way he could fight off this entity.

For once, Sang Yoo Jin felt regret.

He should have stopped at being King.

Ani. Any fate was better than losing your body to this oppressive presence.