Chapter Thirteen- The Jealous Royal

Tae Jun watched Do Young train. The young man was unaware of his presence. He silently observed Do Young's steps and way of handling the sword.

'He is not bad'. He thought to himself, admiring the way he moved.

Do Young was all clean lines and precise movements.

He had learned how to use his slight figure to his advantage, making his offense dominant, and slashing out with the sword at unpredictable angles.

It was pleasant to watch.

In Tae Jun's opinion, all Do Young needed was an improvement in speed.... That, and increased carefulness.

Tae Jun shook his head, remembering all the times his carelessness had put him in trouble...

The day had started to brighten, so he began to approach...

.

Da Yeong executed a string of moves, bringing the sword slashing down in a wide arc. Immediately, she spun on her right foot, slashing round her right. She was bringing the hilt of the sword toward her middle for an outward thrust, when she saw the Grand Prince approaching.

He was dressed in a brown yungbok, the sleeves, his boots and the sash around his waist, black. Despite the dull colour, it looked impressive. If there was one thing Da Yeong knew about the Prince, it was that he could dress extremely well.

A little too well, in her opinion. What type of man spent so much time on his appearance.

"Daegun!" She ran over to him and bowed. "Greetings, Daegun."

"Rule number one, he said without breaking stride. He went right past her. "Do not refer to me as 'Daegun'." He stopped and spun to face her, as she came up to him.

"Daegun. Your title is the respectful way to addre-." He held up a hand.

"I do not like the address." He stated simply.

"But we have been calling you 'Daegun' all this while." Da Yeong pointed out.

"That's because I had no reason to hang around you." He said. "Now, I am supposed to train you. I refuse to hear 'Daegun this, or Daegun that' follow me about all the time.... especially since you are so talkative."

Da Yeong scrunched up her nose at the mild insult. "Ah... That's why you allowed Choi Doryeonnim to call you by name."

"Ye." Tae Jun shook his head. Do Young had dropped proper speech again.

"But why, Daegun? Why do you not like your title, and how am I to address you?" Da Yeong asked curiously. "Master?"

"Why I do not like the title is not your concern, and I'm a little too young to be called 'master' by you." He flicked her forehead again and she stepped back.

He continued.

"Besides you are my first student, so I have not earned that title." He thought about it, then... "Call me 'Hyeong'."

Da Yeong secretly glowed at being his first student, but she shook her head at the idea of calling him 'Hyeong'.

"Er- Daegun, that- that would be too stran-."