​Chapter Twenty Four- The Hidden Library

"Ah! It hurts!" Da Yeong protested as Mi Ju fixed her hair.

"Aish! This girl... They are going to do worse when you enter the Palace!" She yanked on the hair. 

Tsk! This is a simple daenggi meori! (Simple braided hairstyle for unmarried young ladies). Jeonha's birthday is tomorrow, and you are also going dressed like this... Get used to it!"

She finished the braid and placed the ribbon at the tip.

Then she placed the adornment atop her head and a small beautiful hairpin by the side.

She stood back to admire her handiwork.

Mi Ju's orders had been simple...

.

A few days ago, the Grand Prince had summoned her and told her to accompany Da Yeong to the best seamstress in Gwang Guk, since Da Yeong's own clothes were in Nam Guk.

She and Da Yeong had gone to Lady Wang, a famous foreign seamstress.

She had taken Da Yeong's measurements and they tried different fabrics, patterns and designs.

It had been fun, Mi Ju laughing at Da Yeong's awkwardness around the fabrics.

"Omo! Those Ahjummas that will handle your training in the Palace are going to suffer!"

.

In one of the new hanboks now, Mi Ju barely recognized her friend.

The chima (skirt) was a pale blue colour, and it had a splash of red and gold flower designs near the base.

The jeogori (upper garment) was cream coloured, with a colourful pattern near the crisp white collar.

It was held together by a blue ribbon, which matched the chima, and the end-sleeves bore the same pattern near the collar.

Added to Mi Ju's amateur, but adequate face painting skill, Da Yeong looked like a completely different person.

"Daebak!" Mi Ju exclaimed. "Da Yeong-ah, if I did not help you dress, I might not recognize you at all!" She joked. "Now you really seem like Bubuin (Princess Consort)."

"Ya, Mi Ju-ah!" Da Yeong protested, taking in her appearance.

As usual, she felt uncomfortable in the hanbok (she previously only agreed to wear them during the marriage meetings), but Mi Ju had said dressing this way would impress Daegun.

"Okay! Agashi," Mi Ju mock bowed, and Da Yeong glared at her. "Please proceed with your humble servant, to meet Daegun and Choi Doryeonnim."

Lord Choi's son had come to visit the Grand Prince.

"Aigoo! Any servant like you would be more of a headache!"

.

Later...

Pal Wol stopped suddenly at the sight before her. 'It is that child again.' She thought to herself, staring almost in reverence.

She had been on her way back to the Palace with her daughter, when she had felt an inward pull to come in this direction.

"Omma, what's wrong?" Her daughter, Eun Bi had asked, trying to keep up with her.

She had merely raised a hand and continued on. She had stopped a little distance from a big compound, the royal emblem on its ornate gates.

"Daebak!" Eun Bi had exclaimed, admiring the gates.

Pal Wol ignored her and made to go forward, but halted in her tracks as the gates opened, and several people came out.