Chapter Twenty One- The strongest Shaman

​Chapter Twenty One- The strongest Shaman

The Grand Prince's residence...

The cherry leaves fell silently, some falling onto the book Tae Jun was reading.

He impatiently brushed at them, then halted, picking a leaf.

A memory entered his mind.

A red faced young man trying to sweep cherry leaves on a windy day.

It seemed like so long ago.

To think it was a woman!

He shut the book in annoyance and dropped it.

He was not sure what to do with himself or Kim Do Young...

'Da Yeong!' He reminded himself for the hundredth time.

So Yeon and Ju Won sat a little distance off.

The Grand Prince had not been friendly for a few days now, so they steered clear.

They were all sitting in front of his temporary chambers.

.

Tae Jun had just decided he was going inside, when Kim Da Yeong and the kitchen girl, showed up. Da Yeong was in a yungbok again. They both walked up to him, then the kitchen girl bowed and stepped slightly back.

"Jeosonghamnida, Daegun." Da Yeong said at once, bowing. "I apologize deeply for-."

"What an annoyance." He said calmly, cutting her off. "I was going inside for a quiet evening. It's good that you are well. Go back."

He turned, went up the steps, and went inside, leaving her standing there.

Da Yeong looked at the door in surprise. She had expected the Prince to be angry, but she had not expected him to calmly and completely ignore her.

She sank to the ground, kneeling in front of his door.

She did not intend to leave here till he spoke to her.

"Da Y- Agashi!" Mi Ju bent to pull her up, but she jerked her hand out of hers, ignoring the pain the sudden motion caused. "You can't be doing this! You are still injured... We will come back later."

"I don't want to." She said and remained kneeling. She looked up in surprise as Ju Won came over as well. He knelt down as well.

"We are both guilty so I might as well." He said.

"Hyeong-nim. You don't have to-."

"Forget it." He replied, simply.

.

Inside, Tae Jun tried to concentrate on the book he was reading, but he kept going over the same lines.

Giving up, he cast it aside and picked another book. It went the same way, and frustrated, he decided to go out.

He opened his door to find Da Yeong and Ju Won kneeling in front of it.

"What are you doing right now?" He asked, still in that calm way that frightened Da Yeong more than outright anger.

She shuddered.

"I am willing to repent for my crimes against Daegun. Jeosonghamnida, Daegun." She finished, bowing.

Tae Jun looked at Ju Won. "Out." He said.

Ju Won was not going to go, but at the Prince's raised eyebrow, he found his way out immediately.

Tae Jun gestured for So Yeon and the kitchen girl to go out as well. They did, joining Ju Won, who was peeking from beside the small gateway...

Well So Yeon would never descend to peeking, so he politely stood to one side, while Ju Won and Mi Ju watched with interest.