Chapter Twenty three- Resolved feelings

​Chapter Twenty three- Resolved feelings

"Huh?!" Tae Jun asked Da Yeong. He had expected her to apologize again, but instead, this person...

"What did you say?"

"I- I want Daegun to c- continue with my training..." She repeated, the last words gradually reducing in volume.

Tae Jun slammed the book he was holding down on the table, and she flinched again.

.

Outside, Ju Won was about to rush in, but an arrow whizzed right in front of him, lodging in the wooden door frame where they had been listening. 

He turned around angrily to see So Yeon with a bow, placing another arrow.

He was glaring at Ju Won.

"Sorry sorry. I was practicing and the arrow went the wrong way." He said.

"Your expression does not match your words! And why would you be practicing in a place like this?!"

"Ah! Is that so...?" So Yeon stared at him in challenge.

At first he had always stopped Ju Won, because he really did not know what his young master would do to him.

Now, he was stopping Ju Won because he was seeing a new side to the Prince.

He had always been too calm, controlled and cold.

Angry, yes, but never flaring up at anything. 

But since he had met Lady Kim, So Yeon had glimpsed a warmer side.

The Prince had become more 'human', and had even openly shown his temper recently.

Also, it did not seem like losing his mother's ornamental scroll was an extremely big deal, which would have been the case usually.

He felt Lady Kim was good for the Prince.

.

Inside, Tae Jun scoffed. So Yeon was at it again. He looked at Da Yeong.

"What even gives you the courage to ask such an impossible thing?" He picked his fan, skillfully spreading it and fanning himself lightly.

Da Yeong cleared her throat again. 'Courage!' She thought to herself.

"A- as a student of Daegun, it was shameful getting stabbed so easily... I don't want Daegun's first student to be a disappointment!" She finished, with a graceful bow.

He stared at the top of her head, which was facing him, then silently laughed. He straightened his face quickly when she glanced up.

"Ahem. Shouldn't you be worried about what people will think if I am training my own wife with the sword?" He asked.

She hastily looked back down.

She had not thought about that.

"Er- tha- that is..."

"Don't tell me you yourself forgot that you are a woman."

He closed the fan with a snap.

"Raise your head." He said, and when she did, he leaned toward her.

"Forget completely about things like training." He punctuated each word by tapping her head lightly with the tip of the fan.

Then he glanced over her.

"Also. Should you not change the way you are dressed? Jeonha's birthday is in a few days, and your father says you are to attend.

"Are you going to show up in a yungbok?"