Chapter Fifty Nine- Finale...

The Black Mountain...

Hwang Chul appeared, landing on the black soil and regaining his balance almost at once.

He looked around.

"Ha." He scoffed. "So you brought me back here? Do you really think you can defeat me, wielding that useless sword?"

He turned to face Tae Jun, who stood a good distance behind him.

Tae Jun replied.

"You are comfortable with the fact that the blood of your father, which was originally used to create this weapon, has long faded away."

He stepped to his side and they began to circle each other.

He continued.

"However, you have forgotten that you are currently possessing a human. A human who foolishly betrayed his own blood daughter." He briefly remembered his meeting with Sang Hye Su. "She willingly gave her blood to retaliate. This sword can destroy you."

"Silence!" Hwang Chul charged at him, appearing right behind him.

He slashed at him, but Tae Jun blocked him.

The impact of their two swords uprooted the trees closest to them, and the ground rumbled.

The two fought furiously, a blur of black and white.

Hwang Chul still clad in Sang Yoo Jin's white sleeping hanbok, and Tae Jun clad in a black yungbok.

The landscape around them was barely recognizable, as each clash of their swords left a huge ripple of destruction.

Hwang Chul easily had the upper hand.

Tae Jun was defending more than he could attack.

Still, Hwang Chul burned with anger.

Why?!

Why could this deity block his attacks so easily?

He was the first deity! Made even stronger with dark magic.

He should be more powerful!

He poured even more strength into his attacks, his sword slicing powerfully through the air.

Tae Jun blocked successfully, but his sword was flung out of his hand.

The mere impact of the hit sent a tremor through his whole arm.

He turned to find his sword, and barely appeared in time to catch it.

"What is it? Are you running out of strength already? At least, Chin Suh fought me for days!" Hwang Chul taunted, appearing before him and slashing harder.

Tae Jun blocked him shakily, forcefully ignoring his taunts.

He had to do something he had never really had to do in a battle...

He was thinking.

If he continued like this, he would lose this battle...

Their friends at the Palace were largely outnumbered...

Choi Chun Hwa, Sang Hye Yeon, Kim Da Yeong-. He blinked.

They would all die if he lost this battle...

Then, for some reason, he heard his own reply to his father's question:

"...I should accept the possibility of losing, and embrace any opportunity to defeat him..."

He paused in surprise, then he heard Joo Chung Jae's message from his father:

"...Blue bird is a valuable asset. Keep him close..."