Chapter Fifty Seven- Sacrifice

Back at the Palace...

Hooded figures made their way in pairs to all the mini palaces, and to other major locations in the Palace.

In each place, the guarding soldiers all left to battle at the prisons.

Each time, a flaming arrow was shot into the air, and the hooded figures retreated, before the soldiers could find the source of the arrows.

.

Hidden quietly in the center of the Palace, Hye Yeon and yet another of Lord Kim's men sat in the Palace gardens, observing all the flaming arrows that were shot into the air.

In Hye Yeon's hands was a crude map of the Palace.

They watched for the arrows, crossing off their locations on the map, until they saw one last arrow.

"Red cloth." Hye Yeon observed.

Rather than blue, a bright red fabric flapped from its tail.

Hye Yeon hastily glanced down at the map.

"The Moon Palace. Heol... Such a coward. He even dared to stay there, after killing the Queen?" Hye Yeon got up quietly. "Let's go."

And they both headed to the Palace prisons, where they were to meet and point the soldiers in the right direction.

.

At the prisons, Yoo Chung Jae led the soldiers well, as he waited for Hye Yeon and her companion to arrive with directions...

Meanwhile, at the Moon Palace, the soldiers were throne into brief confusion, as a few of their own men turned on them, each 'betrayer' taking quite a few of the ones surrounding him, down at once...

.

Tae Jun and Da Yeong had watched the flaming arrow with the red fabric flapping from its tail.

"The Moon Palace..." Anger, blacker than anything he had ever felt, surged through him.

Sang Yoo Jin, who had killed his mother, just to get to him, was now hiding in his mother's Palace...

He bowed in the direction of the Moon Palace, speaking with a confidence he didn't particularly feel.

"Omma Mama. Before dawn, I will eliminate Sang Yoo Jin.

Tae Jun considered heading there at once, but he had been entrusted with another task, one that might turn the tides in their favor, quicker...

They made their way to the Hall of Kings

.

Tae Jun wasn't sure why his father hated the Hall of Kings, but he was sure it had something to do with Jang Seung Jae. 

His father didn't know he had been Jang Seung Jae in his past life, yet subconsciously, he was affected by his past feelings.

Seung Jae had loved the deities.

The Luminescent stones were a constant reminder that they didn't exist anymore, and the absence of the stones had begun with his father, Jang Yoo Jin's portrait...

.

Dressed as bluebird for the first time in a long while, Tae Jun and Da Yeong arrived at the Hall of the Kings.

There were no soldiers here, as he had predicted. Sang Yoo Jin also did not like this place.

The Luminescent stones on the walls were also a constant reminder to him, and then fairly recently, in this same place, he had met the deities for the first time in this lifetime.